Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 13

"Ugh! This tastes too good! I'm going to cry!" Mina shouts, chomping down on her rice with tears streaming down her face.

"Me too!" Kirishima cries out, shoving another bite of pork into his mouth.

The squad stuffs their faces like never before, you and Bakugo being the only ones eating at a normal pace and with proper manners. Suddenly, Denki starts choking on his Takoyaki, crying out as best he can for help with his airway blocked. Sero sets down his bowl of soup and repeatedly smacks the yellow-haired boy's back until he can breathe again.

"Slow down, the food isn't going anywhere," You tell them, but instead of listening, they continue stuffing their faces greedily with whatever they can grab off of the table. You roll your eyes, turning your attention back to your own lunch and taking another bite.

Bakugo sits on your right, silently eating his ramen. His expression is blank, but his eyes are full of rage and calculating thoughts. You know he's pissed about coming in 4th during the Obstacle Race and 3rd in the Cavalry Battle. By his standards, that isn't good enough, not unless he's first. You know he's preparing himself for the fights, the teachers have already announced that we are doing 1 v. 1 fights for the final event of the festival.

You are especially looking forward to fighting Bakugo again.

Suddenly, the blond stands from his chair, grabbing his tray roughly enough to toss around the containers on it. "Where are you going?" Kirishima asks, momentarily pausing from stuffing himself full of food to look up at his steaming friend.

"None of your damn business," Bakugo grumbles with a glare, throwing his tray away and walking out of the cafeteria a moment later.

•••••

Bakugo didn't come back until the end of the one-hour break, eyebrows furrowed, lips drawn in a deep frown as he refuses to meet your questioning stare. The others don't notice Bakugo's strange behavior, but it is clear as day to you. His fists clench at his sides instead of hiding in his pockets, and his head that is usually held high is facing the ground, gaze unmoving from his feet.

You start to worry a little about what happened while he was gone.

Did he get into a fight?

Run into trouble while he wandered away?

Or is he just so focused on the matches that he isn't acting quite like his usual self?

You want to ask him, but you know you won't get an answer. Bakugo would never talk to you about his problems with the awkward atmosphere constantly around the two of you.

You walk through the hallways, Mina at your side as you go back to the field for the reveal of the first matchups. Just as you and Mina are about to head outside, Momo nabs you both by the arm and drags you away in the opposite direction.

"Hey, Yaomomo! What are you doing?" Mina asks as we are rushed into the girl's locker room by the black-haired girl.

"I just found out that all of the girls are supposed to help out with the cheer that kicks off the final event! Here put these on, we need to hurry," Yaoyorozu explains in a rushed tone, forcing a skimpy-looking cheerleading uniform into your arms that looks more like throwup than clothes.

You notice all of the girls in your class are here as well, glancing at the costumes in disgust and taking in its ugly appearance. The thing is small and it will clearly show your curves and your small bust. You see the other girls are changing, looking no happier than you, so you suck it up and put it on as well.

•••••

"BEFORE WE MOVE ON TO THE FINAL EVENT, WE HAVE GOOD NEWS FOR EVERYONE OUT OF THE RUNNING! THIS IS A FESTIVAL, SO WE SET UP OTHER EVENTS SO YOU CAN ALL STILL SHOW WHAT YOU'RE MADE OF!