Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 15

Summer rolls in fast this year, taking over the late nights in a veil of uncomfortable heat that makes you squirm under your blankets in irritation. The sun sets at a later hour and rises earlier, making the days seem longer and more unbearable. But, all of the students in Japan are preparing excitedly for the summer break not too far ahead.

You stroll down the quiet street to the ramen shop on the corner. You finally accepted one of the squad's invitations to hang out. You're pretty excited. Not only do you have the weekend after the Sports Festival off, but also Monday and Tuesday. UA gave all of the students an extended break to reward them for their hard work.

The door to the ramen shop opens with a 'ping', alerting the workers of a new customer. The place smells of freshly grilled meat and seasoning that instantly makes you hungry.

You were surprised when the squad said they wanted to meet here. The place is relatively new, so they said they wanted to try it out, but you've been here before. And, while the ramen is delicious, it's completely overpriced. You thought that everyone in the squad was poor with how often they complained about money.

"Hey (L/n)! We left a seat for you!" Mina calls out from a booth in the back of the restaurant. She pats the seat to her left excitedly as you approach the table. You take a seat on the edge by Mina, Bakugo on the other edge. This is the first time you've seen him since the festival and from the glare on his face, you can tell he's still mad.

"Isn't this place great! And the food smells so good." Mina's head flops onto your shoulder as she drools, thinking about all the delicious food they are going to eat.

"Yeah, the food here is pretty good. I've been here once before," You tell her, gazing at the menu. The others try to engage you in a conversation about what it was like the first time you came here. You don't respond much but they seem satisfied with your short answers.

Meanwhile, Bakugo glares at you from the other side of the table, fists clenching the menu in his hands tightly, like he's fighting the urge to rip you to shreds.

"Need something?" You ask, your expression not matching the question. It's obvious you're being sarcastic. Your (e/c) eyes meet his red ones in a heated staring contest, the tension quickly rising at the table.

"Yeah. For you to go to hell," Bakugo responds, breaking contact and looking back down at his menu.

"With you here, I'm already there."

Bakugo's fists clench tighter around the poor menu, smoke leaking between his fingers. A waitress starts to approach the table but quickly runs away at the sight of you and Bakugo about to throw hands.

"What did you say Shrimpy?"

"Being around you is already hell enough."

"You want to fucking go?" Bakugo's voice gets eerily lower with each word.

His eyes start glowing from the golden light being let in through the window. A shadow covers half of his face, making him look like a whole different person. Maybe even a demon. Which only further proves your point.

You know Bakugo has had problems with you since you came to UA and you know why. You joined his class out of nowhere, challenging his strength and making him feel weak. For a man like him, that was hard. But you know the best way to help him is to let him release his anger and then talk after. Though, you doubt he'll ever have a civil conversation with you.