Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 16

You sit on Kirishima's desk, swinging your legs back and forth as you listen in on the squad's conversation. They're talking about the heroes they saw on the news this morning after discussing all of the recognition they got because of the Sports Festival. Apparently, All Might was busy saving people all morning, again. You are going to scold Toshinori later for being reckless. Sometimes you question which one of you is more irresponsible.

There are still a couple of minutes before homeroom starts. Everyone is chatting in their designated friend groups about the festival, their break, etc. It's one of those few rainy mornings, where it pours and pours all day long. You honestly love this type of weather, as long as you don't have to patrol in it. The sound of rain is relaxing to you.

You're pulled out of your thoughts by Mina, turning your head away from the windows. "Did you see Phantom is now the top investigator for the Hero Killer case! That's super cool!" She cheers, bouncing on the balls of her feet.

"Yeah, and it also makes her a huge target for him," Kaminari pipes in, killing Mina's mood.

"Like the Hero Killer could take her down! You've seen Phantom fight! She's a badass!" Mina cheers, showing off her lock screen to you and the boys as if reminding them about the time you met.

You're surprised to see that her wallpaper is the picture she took with you several weeks ago when you saved them. Your hood over your eyes as she stands there with a cheery smile, holding up the autograph she got.

"Are you guys talking about Phantom?" Midoriya questions, jumping into the conversation. He's bouncing excitedly with Ida next to him. But, you are quick to notice that Ida looks...emptier than usual.

You are sure it has to do with his brother being in the hospital, and it doesn't help that your hero persona is being brought up since you are the one who interviewed him.

"Yeah! We got to meet her one time when she saved us!" Kirishima exclaims, punching his fists together to demonstrate how cool he thinks you are.

"You did?! What was she like up close? Are the rumors true that her eyes are red? And that she's shorter than average? What about her-"

"Shut the fuck up and scram Deku," Bakugo speaks up from your desk. He's sitting on top of it, scrolling through his phone as he ignores you guys. Well, at least you thought he wasn't listening.

"Sorry, Kacchan!"

"Shut up!"

Midoriya squeaks and shrinks back. Bakugo has been in a pissy mood all morning and no one knows why. But then again, Bakugo doesn't need a reason to be in a bad mood.

Ida's fists clench at his sides, breathing out and releasing them. "Yes, I also got to meet her briefly. She came to the hospital to talk to my brother," Ida says, a strained smile on his face.

"Really! So you met her too!" Kirishima cheers. His innocent smile baffles you as he fails to read the context behind your meeting with Ida.

"How is your brother?" You ask quietly, swinging one leg over the other to cross them.

"He's doing better, thanks for asking," Ida tells you. Then he apologizes and excuses himself from the group to his seat for homeroom.

A couple minutes later, Aizawa walks in without his bandages, and all of the students scramble to their seats to avoid getting in trouble.

"I see you got your bandages off Aizawa Sensei," Tsuyu speaks up.

"Yes, Recovery Girl went a little overboard with her treatment," He responds, lifting a hand to run over the new scar under his eye, "Now, the first order of business, we need to talk about is your internships."