Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 43

Everyone rushes around as they prepare for school the next morning, scrambling to find their school books and eat breakfast on time. Ida calls out instructions, having woken up an hour early, as usual, to get around and help his classmates find their lost ties and pencils.

Meanwhile, the elevator doors slide open, you stumbling out with a long yawn, still in the dinosaur pajamas that Mina got you and with tangled, messy hair. Ida turns to you in horror, you not even beginning to get around even though your patrol starts in 23 minutes. (He memorized your work schedule after only a week.)

"(L/n) what are you doing?! You have to go to work!" He exclaims, rushing over to you and grabbing you by the shoulders. He scans your appearance, trying to judge how long it will take for you to get dressed, eat a nutritional breakfast, and brush your hair and teeth. But, there isn't enough time if you don't hurry.

"It's fine," You mumble, still half-asleep, "Rumi said she'd meet me there so she's probably already at my patrol spot."

"That doesn't mean you can be late!" Ida exclaims, the whole class stops to watch as you groan and struggle against him as Ida tosses you back into the elevator, "Now go get dressed!"

Several of your classmates laugh, you looking half-dead as the elevator doors close on you. But, they're quickly rushed as Ida starts clapping his hands and yelling for them to get moving, everyone goes back to scrambling for their things and shoving oatmeal in their mouths while trying to do the homework they forgot about.

Twenty minutes later, the elevator doors open and you appear dressed in your hero costume and with your hair and teeth brushed. You yawn, stretching your arms over your head. This catches Ida's attention and he realizes you have to go but you still haven't eaten any breakfast. Which is unacceptable as it is the most important meal of the day.

"(L/n)! What took you so long? You don't have time to eat!"

You wave him off stalking past his stressed form, "I don't need breakfast, I'll grab lunch with Rumi later," You tell him, flicking his nose as you walk past him to the door where your metal boots are.

Your eyes make contact with Bakugo's and you wave, the blond's face flushing and he quickly turns away from you. You stop mid-wave, trying to think if you upset him and now he's mad at you. You hope you didn't. A frown appears on your face as you lean down to slide on your boots.

Little do you know, after what Kaminari said last night and seeing you with Icyhot pissed Bakugo off and he couldn't stop thinking about it all night. Bakugo isn't mad at you in the slightest, only mad that he didn't take his chance to ask you out and Icyhot did. Now, you might like him and that unsuitable in Bakugo's opinion.

He needs to do something to make you forget about Icyhot.

"Welp I'm out!" You call over your shoulder, catching his attention as you are instantly tackled by Mina in a hug.

"Stay safe!"

"Don't get into too much trouble!"

"Kick their asses for us!"

You send a glance at Bakugo but he doesn't react, he glares straight ahead as he stuffs his hands in his pockets. You see his shoulders shake a little, wanting to go to him but knowing he won't want the extra attention put on him if you call him out.

You turn away slowly, making a mental note to go to his room tonight and talk to him. You step out and onto the front porch, hearing the class heading back inside to finish getting around. Just as you prepare to teleport away, a booming voice calls out to you.

"OI (L/N)!" Bakugo shouts, storming around the couches and grabbing the front of your jacket before you can leave. He tugs you close to him, you having to tilt your head to look at his grumpy face. But, his eyes hold something other than anger, it's the same intense emotion from the other night when he waited for you.