Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 11

"Is everyone prepared? The festival is about to begin!" Ida announces, rushing into the waiting room in his gym uniform. Class 1-A lounges around in their respective friend groups or on their own, prepping for the Sports Festival. You sit at a table with the Bakusquad and Todoroki, listening to their nervous blubbering.

You don't like the idea of being on camera and having an audience watching your every move, but this is just like hero work. You always have people filming and watching you while you're beating villain ass. This isn't much different. Besides, Toshinori hunted you down earlier and gave you a pep talk so you are feeling pretty confident.

Your phone vibrates in your pocket, causing you to pull it out and see several messages from one of your group chats. Your phone quickly blows up from the messages, so you rapidly click on the chat to stop it.

•••

Idiots + Hakamata

ChickenMan🐔:
Good luck baby bird! I look
forward to seeing you kick ass
out there! ❤️❤️😙🐔

Bun-bunAttacks🐰:
I bet money against Ryukko
that you'd win the tournament
so don't let me down.

JeansJeans2.0:
Good luck out there (Y/n)
don't disappoint me.

•••

You smile at your phone as you read their messages, glad to know they are thinking of you. Making sure to hide your smile a moment later so none of your classmates see, you start typing away to thank your friends for looking out for you.

•••

DannyPhantom:
Thx guys.
Are you going to watch?

JeansJeans2.0
I couldn't make it, but I'm
watching from my agency.
I won't miss a thing.

ChickenMan🐔:
I'm perched on top of the
stadium.

ChickenMan🐔:
I got the best seat in the
house.

Bun-bunAttacks🐰:
I couldn't make it either
but I'm watching live too

Bun-bunAttacks🐰:
Kick everyone's ass!

DannyPhantom:
I will

DannyPhantom:
Thx guys

•••

You turn your phone off with a faint 'click', going back to eavesdropping on the conversations around you. Kirishima is in the middle of complaining about the huge crowd outside when suddenly the chair next to you squeaks and Todoroki stands up, marching towards Midoriya. You and everyone else's attention turns to the pair as Todoroki stares him down, the height difference between the two even more noticeable than usual.

"What is it Todoroki-Kun?" Midoriya asks shakily, staring up at the boy but still looking nervous with the confrontation.

"Objectively speaking, I'm stronger than you. More reliable," Todoroki states but stops, waiting for Midoriya to answer before he continues.

"Uh...sure."

"All Might has his eye on you, doesn't he? I'm not here to pry about what's going on between you two, but I will beat you."