Chapter 30- Best Time of Our Lives (2/2)

Kathryn's pov

I woke up in Luke's arms.

In the best morning I've ever experienced.

I don't know if its everything we've been through or just how much I love him or maybe just how amazing he's been but seeing him sleeping peacefully like this gives me the best feeling.
A mix of being complete, to happiness, to peace, to feel like I'm dreaming.
It's just too good to describe.

I leaned in one elbow careful not to wake him up and brushed the hair off his eyes. I stared at his calm form and smiled to myself.

This is it. Finally.
It's about time I got to enjoy my mate again.

I finally have the one thing I've always wanted. He's really mine now and nothing will separate us.

I kissed his cheek lightly and turned it slightly to the side to see the result of my mark. It's different. This time there are two wolves howling at the moon light, facing each other.

That's weird. Luke isn't a wolf.
I took the time to check him over to see if anything was different but he seemed normal to me.
I would've noticed if he started changing, my wolf would have been going crazy.
Instead he's just a human, calm and asleep, and I do like my inicials carved in his neck.

I love how real this is.

I trailed my fingers along the mark, I got a wave of happiness from him in the bond and smiled to myself again.

I pecked it and he stirred in his sleep. A slight smile appeared in his face and I knew he was awake. "Good morning." I whispered in his ear.

"Only the best." He replied in a sexy sleepy voice, I laid back down and snuggled closer to him feeling his hand play with my hair as I closed my eyes.

I heard a knock on the door and growled as I stood up to open. Why do people have a habit of knocking early on my door whenever I have a good night?

"Kath what are you doing?" He looked at me like I was crazy.

"Opening the door?" I answered as a question. He eyed me up and down.

"Like that?" I finally realized what he meant when I looked down at myself. I'm only wearing his shirt and my underwear. I bit my lip as I realized it. He was already putting on shorts and coming in front of me to open it after he shooed me into the bathroom.

I put on a pair of jeans and one of my own shirts and went out into the room again to see him and Louisa hugging. I cleared my throat behind them and she stepped away from him smiling.

"Congrats!" She said excitedly and hugged me. Really weird. I thought but hugged her back awkwardly. "Yay! Finally!" She beamed letting me go. I smiled awkwardly and nodded having no idea what she was talking about. Kyle came in looking for her.

"What's going on here?" He asked her, she still had on a huge smile.

"We have a party to plan!" Kyle's mouth dropped and it turned into a smirk.

"Brian owes me a 20!" He said and crushed me in a hug. What's going on? He let me go and hugged Luke. After we were done 'hugging' they were both smiling like crazy.

'What's going on?' Luke asked me confused.

'I have no clue!' I replied.

'Follow my lead.' He nodded at them and smiled. "So um, we need to uh.." He started aloud.

"Clean up," I continued.

"Yeah and have breakfast and all." He finished.

"Oh, okay, uh sorry! we'll see you later!" Kyle said and they left. I looked at my mate confused and he shrugged then pulled me closer to him. His hand slowly turned my cheek and he saw the mark.