Chapter 8- Brave

Kathryn:

Soon after Luke told me he'll talk to Cassie, the pack doctor came in to kick him out. He said I needed to rest. Obviously not a good reason, a lie, to get him out so he could talk to me. And talk he did.

"So Kathryn, how are you feeling?" He asked

"Good, still a little sore but better." I answered wondering where this was going.

"Well you see, with a normal patient, being a werewolf of course, I would allow you to leave today, no later than night. However, I've spoken with your brother, and I don't find that a possible now. " He explained, but I got lost.

"What? why?" I asked, I don't want to stay in a freaking hospital more than I need to.

"Unless you want to tell your human mate, that you are in fact a werewolf, I can't let you leave so soon. Questions would be raised, and I don't want any problems." He said quietly and left, soon after Stefan came in.

"What in the bloody hell was that?" I said imediatly and he gave me a confused look. "Care to explain why the doctor just basically forced me to tell Luke about werewolves, if I want to leave the hospital any time soon." I told him angrily, I hate hospitals.

"Because he would think the doctor is insane." I stared at him. So he added, "The way you were when we got here not too many hours ago, we weren't even sure you were going to make it, and he made that clear." As much as I don't like the idea of keeping it from him, telling him now could scare him away. All I don't need right now is my mate going around thinking I've gone nuts.

"I really have to tell him, now? here?" I wanted him ready, I don't want my mate scared of me.

"Well not necessarally, but if you leave now, then you will have to tell him today." Stefan explained and I groaned slightly.

I really hope he understands. I don't know what I'll do if he rejects me.

"Do you think he's ready Stef?" I asked, seeking advice.

"Honestly?" I nodded. "Yes. When the accident happened, Kath he felt it. That was how I knew you needed help. And the only way to calm him down from the connection, so that he didn't feel the pain was telling him that you were okay. Even after that, he didn't talk to anyone. Not even Cassie. Not one word, until he saw you, the only word he had said was 'yes' to me saying he wanted to see you. He will want to know how you healed so fast, and I think you should tell him the truth." This is why I came to Stefan for advice, he always knew what to say.

"Thanks!" I said and hugged him, he turned to leave, but not before he told me there were clothes for me in the bathroom. When I got there, I realized, it was one of Rachel's dresses, my clothes had been destroyed just like the car. It was a plain white, knee lenght dress, simple but pretty. There were a pair of white flats I recognized to be Lana's. I got dressed and went outside of the hospital room, in the hallway everyone was waiting. I hugged Lana the moment I saw her, and apologized for not seeing her earlier, I really needed Luke. She apologized for what had happened.

Then I ignored the questioning looks from Cassie and Luke, and hugged Mike and Rachel, thanking her for the dress. We went to where the 2 cars were parked, and I kept apologizing to Stefan, I damaged his favorite car, beyond repair.

When we were splitting up into the cars, which Lana and Stefan were driving after alot of arguing, then came more arguing about who went in each car.

Without thinking about it, Mike was in Cassie's car with Lana, and Rachel in with Stefan. I hopped in Stefan's back seat when I heard it.

"Luke." Cassie had called him from next to her car. "Are you coming?" She asked. I saw him look at me for a second before turning back to her.

"No I think I'll just go here." He sat next to me. Just as Rachel turned on the radio, I heard the lyrics from Brave (Sara Bareilles)

'Say what you wanna say,

and let the words fall out,

honestly, I wanna see you be brave.'

I started laughing and it wasn't long until Rachel understood and started laughing with me, Stefan was giving me, the that's not funny look, and Luke was just confused. It was all even funnier because of their reactions.

A while after I told Stefan, to drop me and Luke off at this little cute diner we knew, through the link. When he did, Luke was just lost but I told him he would get his answers later and to trust me, that seemed to satisfy his curiosity, for now.

We ate, and talked and talked and talked, then we took a walk, that's when I saw the sun setting and I knew it was time. I walked us over a cabin my parents kept by a small stream. We lay in the grass and waited for them to come out.

"Luke." He sat up and looked at me, and I did the same, our eyes locked. "There's something I need to tell you about me." That seemed to scare him,

"Yeah?" He urged though he looked calm.

"But first, promise me you won't freak out. That you'll listen to everything I say and try to understand." I almost begged him.

"Kath you're scaring me." He admitted.

"Promise me, please." He saw how important this was.

"I promise." He did and it calmed me a little.

"I told you earlier, you would get all the answeqrs you need, now it's that time." I said calmly trying to not freak either of us out. I need to be calm, and him to understand. 'I hope this works' I thought to myself.