Chapter 17- Betrayal

Kathryn:

Right after we woke up we left to Luke's apartment.

I'm waiting in the car, he just said he needed to take a shower and change. But it's taking long. I have a bad feeling, my wolf's senses are heightened since we started the heat. And right now, something's awfully wrong. I felt the pull get stronger and rushed upstairs, taking the stairs in wolf speed was faster than waiting for the elevator.

I was about to knock but the door was left slightly open. I smelled someone familiar, just can't remember who. I pushed the door open and walked in. My heart broke in my chest. One look was all it took to break me.

The pain was unbearable.

I had to get out of there but I couldn't move.

The wind was knocked out of me. I saw Cassie on Luke's lap and his hands on her butt, and she was clearly grinding on him. They were too caught up in their make-out session that neither of them acknowledged my presence. I somehow found the strenght to turn and run. I shifted as soon as I got out of the building and was lucky there was no one around. I ran into the woods and without a destination. I just ran and cried.

When I actually looked around I saw I was near the stream I had been a few days ago with Luke.

The thought of that beautiful day hurt. I reached the stream and sat on the grass. I let out a painful howl and my wolf was so hurt I don't know if she can get through this.

He told me he loved me.

I believed him.

I kissed him, I let him touch me like no one else had.

I need him.

I love him.

I got up and walked to an old shed we used to cook and take naps, it was a small kitchen and bathroom room that we used when spent time out here in the stream because my parents couldn't always leave our territory to go to the lake.

I walked in and shifted back to my human form and looking at the old shed made me cry even more.

I wish my mom was here, to help me and give me advice.

I miss my parents so much.

I can't believe I was so blind, so stupid to believe him.

I'm only a game to Luke, only the other one. Cassie is the one he really loves.

I took an old pair of shorts and one of Stefan's forgotten shirts. I sat on the floor by the door, elbows in knees and cried.

I cried, screamed, and howled in pain.

I believed when he said he loved me, and when he said he was worried about me.

He is all I ever wanted, and what I never wished for.

A dream so real that when I woke up, and reality set in, I realized the dream is over, and the pain that came with it I can't live with.

I need him too much. Especially since I started the heat.

This can't be happening.

I don't know what to do with my life. There's nothing left for me to live for.

My mate, the idea of my loving mate was all that kept me going all these years. The only reason I stayed strong when I had nothing worth fighting for.

My brother, Stefan. I love him but he has Rachel, he doesn't need me.

My best friend Lana also has her mate and can easily live without me.