Chapter 16- The Heat of Memories

Kathryn:

"Stop that." I said in almost a growl. My wolf was taking over. I'm not strong enough to push her back now. I kissed Luke furiously, and my hand travelled patterns around his neck, finding the spot I planned on marking him, and the other was entangling fingers in his hair. Kissing him felt so good. I never want to let go. I need to make him mine.

I was now on top of him and he had no escape. His hands moved away from my hips to my shoulder, what is he doing.

He pushed me back, making me stop. I growled at him.

"What the hell?" I asked anger clear in my voice.

"Kath this isn't you. You don't want to do this now." He told me, and my wolf cowered back hurt, thinking her mate didn't want her.

I closed my eyes and pushed her back completely.

When I was fully in control I opened them again. I saw he felt her pain for a short while before I shut her off. I climbed off him and sat down next to him. "How are you feeling?" He asked turning to face me completely. A look of worry and guilt on his face.

"I'm okay, thank you, for stopping her." I took a deep breath and his hand found mine. "My wolf took over and I couldn't push her back, she's getting too strong." I said and he nodded. "How did you do that?" I asked him wondering how he was able to push me away.

"I felt you trying to stop and I just had to stop it before I couldn't anymore." I smiled. That must have been hard. I felt my wolf try to take control again. I stopped her.

"Kathryn what's going on?" He asked me and I shook my head, I don't know. She pushed forward again and it was harder to push her back. "Your eyes, they keep changing from black to grey. Can you keep her in?" She tried again and stronger but I pushed her back. I nodded.

She was now putting images of me and Luke in my head. I tried to push them away, but they kept coming. Then I knew what my problem is, why it's so hard to control myself, and why I can't take the images of us out of my head.

Why my body was begging me to spend the night with Luke.

"The heat." I whispered. Then I turned to look at him. "This can't be happening." I told him but he had no clue what I was talking about.

"What is that? What are you talking about?" He asked but I couldn't answer. My head is spinning, he's not ready to be marked there's so much he doesn't know, but if I'm going through the heat, I won't be able to wait any longer. I took a deep breath and started to explain.

"When mates meet, they usually mark and mate with each other the same day or a few later. When that doesn't happen, there's the heat, it's nature's way of pushing them together. The pull gets stronger on both sides and it's said to 'impossible' to resist." I told him and he didn't seem worried.

"And why is that a bad thing?" He asked and I stared at him.

"Because I don't think it's the right time to make you be part of the pack. You don't know anything about how crazy things get here." I told him.

"So show me." He smirked. That was so sexy.

"Don't temp me Luke." I warned but instead of listening he leaned down and kissed me for a few seconds until we heard someone knock on the door.

"Come in." Luke called and Kyle came in with his baby sister in his arms.

"Uh, hey, sorry am I interrupting something?" He asked shyly.

"No it's okay Kyle you're actually saving his life." I joked and Luke chuckled.

'He's your mate?' He asked in my head and I nodded. He smiled.