Chapter 12- Nightmare wide awake.

Kathryn:

For the past 3 days everything's been quiet. I haven't heard a word from Riley and Stefan didn't ask.

He knew if I hadn't told him it meant it was better not to know.

The rogue border patrol found nights ago turned out to be Will's second chance.

He was all smiles and kisses. I'm happy for him, he deserves happiness.

Her name is Naomi, and she was so scared of everything, in the beginning, even of Will, but now she's always with him.

I have been avoiding Lana, I miss my best friend but I have a feeling she's not the same person with Cassie around.

I walked into the living room and saw people surrounding the couple, but mostly my inner circle of friends. Will is laughing with Mike and Stefan and Naomi is just smiling standing behind him.

A pack member, Kyle, who's around 14, walked passed me and went to greet Will, he asked to see 'it' and I only understood when a mark on her lower neck, I could just make out a howling wolf and the inicials W.C, for William Clesmont. Will had marked her.

"Oh my god, Will, you didn't tell me you marked her." I hugged him. "Congradulations! you deserve it." I heard a low growl coming from behind and let him go. "Whoa sorry, he's all yours!" I told Naomi and she smiled hugging him from behind.

They are so adorable. I hated to admit it but I envied her.
She has what I always wanted. Not Will, but a mate that's all mine, and that loves me.

I can tell her past isn't pretty, but she has a happy ending.

That's when I noticed Stefan's face change. Something's wrong.

'We're being attacked. All females and kids and elders to the attic Don't come out before told so. All pack warriors and men able to fight meet in the meeting room. You have 10 minutes.' His Alpha tone made me want to run to the attic and lock myself up.

"Kathryn you come with me." He said to me pulling me to the meeting room with him. "I know you want to fight but I can't let you." He told me. WHAT? why? I have to fight.

"What?" I told him shocked. "I'm one of the best fighters in the pack and you want to keep me locked up?" I asked him shocked.

"I need you to stay safe." I glared at him. "With me and Will fighting, I need you to stay in command around here." I wasn't convinced. "And, if anything happens to me-" He started but I cut him off and made him stop walking.

"Nothing is going to happen to you, don't you dare even think about that." He was giving me a look he knew he make me do anything with.

"Kath you're my only sister and I can't let you put yourself at risk. Please." I gave in, Stefan really knows how to bend me.

"Fine. But you better come back, and call me to help if things get ugly. " He nodded and kissed my forehead. Then we went different ways and I went up to the attic, finding Rachel sitting there pissed off, and I already knew why. He hadn't let her go either.

"He made you stay too?" She asked as I sat down next to her.

"Yep." She looked mad. "Come on Rach, you know why he's doing this." I told her.

"Because he doesn't think I'm strong enough to fight." She answered. That's not true. I shook my head.

"He doesn't want to risk loosing you, it's not about your strenght. After the attack that killed my parents, he can't loose anyone else." I said figuring this out myself. She looked at me, and burst into tears.