Chapter 15- Scars From The Past

Luke:

She wasn't there anymore. Her presence, was gone. I can't feel Kathryn.

It's if she was dead. I can't feel her pain.

All I'm getting from looking at her now is nothing.

Stefan brought her to a hospital room. She laid down and then nothing. Emptyness.

I'm really worried. What does all of this mean? Is she going to be okay?

I sat next to the bed and held her cold hand. I couldn't feel the warmth of her touch or little shocks that I feel when she touches me.

It's been a few minutes since Stefan left to go find a doctor. He came in, the doctor following him.

"I'm going to need both of you to leave so I can examine her." What? I'm not leaving. I'm her mate, she said it herself, I can help her get better.

"I'm her mate!"

"I'm her brother." Stefan and I claimed at the same time. Then Stefan added. "And Alpha."

"And I'm the doctor." The pack doctor said, then he looked between us and shook his head, he looked pretty young to be a doctor, and I didn't see a mark on his neck. I'm not leaving Kath in here alone with him.

"Do you want her to get better?" He asked us, what is he thinking? obviously we do.

"Yes." We said in perfect unison.

"Then I suggest you listen to me and get out, it looks pretty serious." I didn't like this but I had to go. If it meant her safety I had to leave. Stefan growled and left. I looked at the doctor one last time. He better not try anything. If he so much as touches her, werewolf or not I will kill him.

I followed Stefan out, and sat next to him in the waiting room. I put my elbows in knees and hands on my face. She has to get better.

I just got her, I can't loose her now.

"What exactly happened. I want everything. Something is hurting my sister, and I want to know what." He said that in a tone that made me tell him everything, every detail since yesterday morning when I picked her up to when she sat with her back on the tree and looked sick. I didn't leave out anything. "When she called you she sounded desperate?" He asked.

"Yeah, she seemed scared and nervous. She didn't want to talk here but when we got to the stream she told me to forget it, it wasn't important, I didn't believe her but I trusted that she would tell me if it was." I told him.

"And what do you think could have gotten her scared?" Then it clicked. The only thing that I could think of that would've made her that nervous.

"Riley." I told him and his eyes widdened.

"You know that bastard?" He spat out.

"He's my half brother." I told him and he looked about to rip my throat out.

"Does Kath know that?" He hissed.

"Yeah. She said he told her, she came up to me and I just confirmed. We had a big fight that day, and didn't talk again since yesterday." I said and sighed.

"Was there anyone else that knew where you two were going?" He meant when she shifted, I shook my head.

"Not that I know of." He was about to ask something when the doctor came in.

He came up to us and waited for Stefan to say something, this Alpha stuff is really confusing.

"Carter." He nodded and the doctor looked up. "How is she?" He asked.