Chapter 2- In Real life

Kathryn:

We slow danced to a song that I couldn't even hear. This moment right here is the best I've ever had. I'm feeling like I hadn't in years. For the first time since my parents death I feel happy. No fake smiling or 'I'm okay"s. No trying to distract myself and just wishing for time to pass and life to end. For the first time in a long time I felt complete. I looked up at him to see him looking at me, his expression clear. Emotions so easily seen: Love, guilt, determination, passion. I knew this wasnt fair to everyone but right now that didn't matter. all that mattered is that I was with him. "Kathryn" he whispered. I couldn't find words to answer him. Right now I'm completely lost in his eyes. And I don't want to be found.

This moment now, is everything I've ever wished for. As our faces came closer, the world disappeared, nothing mattered, it was all gone, all that mattered was me and him, together, now. Our lips were centimeters apart and our hearts beat fast together and my breath fastens as I feel his on my skin. It was so close.

For the past 3 years I've lived for this moment.

The reason I didn't give up.

The reason I stayed strong when I was nobody in the world.

When no one needed me.

I kept strong at the thought of my mate, the thought that someone needed me.

As our lips came closer and my eyes closed, I felt myself falling.

I woke with a start. What kind of a dream was that? It scares me that someone I just met, someone who I have to wait for, is already gotten to me in ways no one has ever done. Remembering the dream made me wish it was real, but in real life, its not that simple. Oh but how i wish it was.

How I wish it could be that easy. I meet him, we fall in love, become true mates, have our pups, and live happily ever after. If only it could be that simple, but no, I can't think like that.

Not yet. We'll be together, thats a promise I made to myself. Cassie. I wouldn't forgive myself if I cause her to get hurt. And I know that it would hurt Luke as well if we hurt her, that's why I need to be patient.

The party last night had gone great, we danced, drank, and I didn't really talk to him as much as I wanted to alone but it was still relaxing just to be near him.
I looked at my clock, its 4:30am, I barely slept an hour. I need a run. I went outside and striped of my clothes and tied them to my leg before changing to my brown redish wolf.

I ran with no destination, just around the packs territory. It felt good to let my wolf be in control. I ran for a few minutes until a distant scent found me, and I couldnt keep myself from running towards it.

I saw Luke leaving Cassie's sisters's building and walking towards a car. I tried to keep hidden but I was too late he had seen me. Well he had seen an overgrown redish wolf behind a tree where the woods started. Any human would have run away and locked themselves up.

Not Luke. Instead he surprised me.

Luke walked over to the spot where I had been a second ago before I moved further in the woods. He looked straight at the spot where I'm hiding and I came out of the hiding place slowly trying to not seem like a threat.

The look on his eyes, he was amazed, yet horrified, but he's curious and somehow in a transe, because somehow I know he feels the pull as strong as I do, if not stronger.

He walked over to me and came to a stop when we were an arms length apart, he reached his hand and patted my fur just above my eyes and his hand slowly slid past my head and he began caressing the fur in my neck and the sparks that shot up my entire body, I knew he felt it too.

When I leaned in his touch and sat, he too sad with me. The way he trusted my wolf, and her control with him. She was being careful and was worried not to hurt or scare him away. My wolf was impressing me, she wants her mate near her however way she can have him.

He impressed me a lot too.

No human I had ever met has been so kind and gentle towards a wild animal, even if its not a real wild animal.

We stayed there for hours that felt like minutes, until I saw the sun beginning to rise. I got up and walked slowly over to where the woods ended at the beginning of the road. I stopped when Luke, who had been following me, reached the stop and I motioned with my head for him to go. He hesitaded but went, and when he looked back I was gone.

It was 6am when I reached the pack house and I was startled to see Stefan was already up. This is it. I have some explaining to do. Stefan wants to talk, and that means he knows I was gone and he does not seem happy about it. I don't think he'll like to know that I let a human, even if my mate, see my wolf and be so near it.

Here we go, I have a lecture to hear.