Chapter 5- The Sky Sent Us A Sign

Kathryn:

"Kathryn?"

"Kath."

"Katy?"

"Come on Kath, get up, we have to go." I heard 2 voices calling my name and woke up, sitting up, I realized I had slept more than I had intented. The first pair of eyes I saw were the deepest most beautiful blue, that made me want to lose myself in them but I snapped out of it.

"What happened?" I asked trying to figure it out.

"We're stopping at this hotel for the night." Cassie explained, she looked exhausted.

"Okay. what time is it?" I asked and she checked her phone seeming even more tired.

"12:14am." She told me and my eyes widened. I had slept the entire day.

"Let's go? everyone else is outside." Luke said and his voice was sleepy and tired, I knew then that he too had fallen asleep during the trip. For some weird reason my creep of a wolf was melting at the huskiness of his voice, which I won't deny, is freaking sexy.

I shook my head at myself.

Snap out of it Kath. I told myself.

We walked outside and met everyone and found out he had been right, they were all outside. Stefan was handing out keys. There were 4 rooms, one for him and Rachel, then for Lana and Mike, one for me, and a last one for Luke and Cassie. My eyes watered at the sudden thought of them sleeping next to each other but I covered it up, not before Stefan had seen it though. He just pursed his lips at me and gave me a look that meant he anted to talk about it later but I ignored him.

We found the rooms were next to each other, and the hotel was actually pretty small so the rooms covered up the whole 5th and last floor. After saying our goodnights, I went into my room to find I couldn't sleep. I took a bath and tried to sleep again afterwards but with no success. I knew since we were in the top floor, we had easy access to the roof, and something told me to go up there, the idea was just too tempting. Whatever it was, I followed it.

The roof had an amazing view of the mountains, I hadn't been in this region in a long time, but I was glad I did.

My sadness, the sudden feeling of rejection I had for the past days was gone.

Getting up there, I knew what had pulled me to the roof, the mating pull. Luke was sitting at the edge of a short wall, looking at the beautiful view, that was lighted by nothing but the stars and the full moon, my moon, that was placed gracefully in the sky.

"Hey, mind if I join you?" I said in a quiet tone, trying to not startle him. He looked at me, smiled and nodded, so I sat next to him, a feet or two away. My wolf didn't like the distance and I wanted to snuggle closer to him but I told myself to get over it.

"Couldn't sleep?" He asked looking at me for a second with a small smile that had my heart racing.

"No, I slept the whole way here you?" I answered trying to sound casual.

"Me too!" He whispered, there was no need to whisper but it was late and we were alone so it just felt appropriate.

We sat in the silence for a few minutes before I felt the need to talk to him.

"Its beautiful isn't it?" I asked my tone low, just loud enough that it wasn't a whisper but only for him to hear.

"Yeah." he said slowly. "The silence is nice too."

"How have you been adjusting to the move?" I asked trying to make conversation.

"I don't think it's hit me yet that I'm not just going home in a week." I laughed. "But it's been fine. I'm getting used to the pace."