Forever? Maybe.

Updated AN: Welcome to the first full story I ever wrote, I started it over 7 years ago and since I've written a lot more, and every few years I go back and read it and change a million mistakes and add and take away certain parts. As I write this it's 2018.
I ask you- the reader, to take into consideration my utter immaturity especially at the beginning of this story, it does get better later on.
Thank you for giving it a try, I hope you enjoy it.

All creatures on this planet have soul mates, humans, werewolves, vampires, fallen angels, and even actual angels in which case the mate on earth will die to meet their mate. All of these creatures will somehow recognize their other half and make them theirs. A human however, won't recognize their soul mate as for what they are, they will simply believe is love or passion and as a way to be with each other they will be married. Werewolves, just like all other supernatural creatures are gifted with the ability to recognize their soul mates, and they will bite each others neck in the marking process so that the scar represents their connection. Vampires usually have human mates, but in few cases other creatures like itself or other, in the usual case the vampire will turn the human mate and they will live together forever. An angel who's mate is human can't be together until the human dies unless the angel discovers about their human soul mates and commits a crime to become a fallen angel where they will live on Earth and protect its mate until the end of their life. In all cases, after meeting they have a chance to reject their mate, which rarely happens for the fact that once eye contact is made the bond is formed and rejecting a mate would cause an extreme amount of pain of both sides, after meeting, loosing a mate can kill the other of sadness or even the pain from their death.

When I myself found my soul mate I was completely shocked. The feeling is almost too much to bear. How much one look can affect someone is beyond the explanation words can give.

My name is Kathryn Pertly and I'm a werewolf, part of a pack like any other, the Blue Blood pack.

My parents were the Alpha and Luna, until they were killed in a rogue attack and my older brother Stefan, who was my current age at the time, 18, had to take over and deal with the issues and care for a pack right after meeting his mate, a week before, Rachel is a great Luna now, 3 years after. A werewolf recognizes his or her mates at the age of 18, most during their birthday or soon after.

PROLOGUE: (An: No this is not where the story starts. It is part of it but it will only make sense towards the end. The story starts in chapter one.)

"So are you two a couple or what?" I asked Luke and Nikki. Hoping the answer would be a 'No' even though looking at her and from I've seen in the videos it is not hard to believe that they are in fact together.

"No." They said at the same time. I felt relieved but ignored it, I can't allow myself hope, Luke and I are over. I have to accept it.

"Okay then! Nikki you can take the room next to Seth's. It's right by the top of the stairs, it's the last room to the right, so there's no way to miss it." She nodded thanked me and went up. Leaving me alone with Luke. I looked everywhere but his eyes. He looked older and changed, but the change was great, he looks hot. I stopped myself from thinking any further.

"You can go find your own room. You know which ones to stay away from." I said turning around towards the stairs before I started crying or gave in to him again, I can't do this to myself, not again. He's not good for me, I can't think- I can't breathe with him around.

"Kath?" I heard him say and turned around. "You look great." He told me and I suppressed a smile.

"The years were good to you." I admitted turning my back to him. I felt a warm hand grab my wrist and fought back tears as I felt the sparks shoot up my arm. "This is strange." I said quietly, mostly to myself.

He turned me to face him and I looked straight into the blue eyes I missed.

"I'm sorry for what happened on Christmas." I swallowed the frog in my throat.

"I know." I whispered. "It was a complicated time." I finally realized.

"Please forgive me." He said wrapping his arms around my waist. Making it impossible for me to resist. Instead of answering, I showed him the bracelet he had given me that night, it was on my right wrist next to the tattoo with our daughter's name, smiling. He smiled. "God I missed you." He said pulling me towards his chest. I hugged him so close to me, afraid I'll let him slip again.

"I missed you too." I confessed against his chest. "So much." I whispered, allowing myself to be vulnerable.

"You have no idea what it's like to be without you." He told me after pulling me away so he could look into my eyes. "It was hell, Kath, I never want to be away from you again." His blue eyes were gleaming with tears.

I don't know yet if we'll get our love to last again, if we'll make it, is it worth a try? Can I be with him again after everything he put me through? After I was to weak to protect- no stop. If you think about her you'll start crying again and you'll never stop.

"I don't think I can be with you Luke, not after-" "If this is about that girl I swear-" he cut me off but I didn't allow him to continue.

"Its not about the girl." I told him, he knew exactly what I meant which is why he didn't stop me when I tippy-toed and brought him down a little as I leaned in and kissed his lips lightly and took off running up to my room.