Chapter 13- What You Mean To Me When Two Worlds Collide

Cassie:

He dumped me. After everything I did for him, he dumped me. Luke, oh Luke, how adorable, you think I'll let this happen. "You will be mine." I whispered to a picture of us in our first date. I looked at it one more time before throwing it at the nearest wall.

I don't care about their puppy love, or mates or whatever the hell it's called. He's mine.

I don't care what I have to do. He will be mine again.

Kathryn:

Riley was inside my head, he was in my head. He made me believe I-. I stopped my trail of thoughts. That never happened, and it never will. I changed into a short black dress making sure I had shorts under, and heels before putting my hair up, and doing a light makeup, to cover up a few traces of shock left in my face. Then I went downstairs to wait for Luke. He said he was going to pick me up.

By the time I reached the door, he was about to ring the doorbell. He looked at me and smiled.

"Hey." He said shily, and I just walked up to him and hugged him and tight as I could.

I didn't realize I was hurting him until he let out a small whine, and I let him go immediatly.

"I'm sorry. Oh god I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you." I can't believe how stupid I am. He just smiled and pulled me back to him. Hugging me tightly to his chest.

"I was expecting an awkward hey but this is way better." He teased and I smiled. "Don't be sorry." He whispered in my ear and I smiled when he let me go. I already missed his touch, I felt cold. "You wanted to talk?" He asked but I didn't want to this here, where the walls had ears.

"Can we do this, not here?" I asked and he just nodded and motioned for his car.

I went in front of him but he ran up to me opening the car door.

I said thanks and he gave me a smile that could've made me forget everything.

He turned up the radio and Jordin Spark's 'Battlefield' was playing. I sang along, and to my surprise so did he.

"So where do you want to go?" He asked and I thought about it. Out of nowhere I knew the perfect place. The same cabin I had taken him to the night I told him about werewolves.

"Can I drive?" I asked and he gave me a 'are you serious look' before pulling over and we switched seats. I just laughed at how cute that was.

I drove us to the small stream located near the border of our territory.
My parents used to bring me and Stefan out here all the time.

I got out and signaled with my hand for him to follow.
He hesitated but came with me.

He took my hand and the moment would've been perfect if ny mind hadn't been wondering off to the images of when Riley had been in my head.
We sat in the grass, and the sun was shinning, it's a beautiful day.

"So what is it?" He asked after a while. I didn't answer for a while looking out to the water, wondering if telling him was a good idea. I decided it was, he deserves to know. "Before you say anything." He started when I was about to speak. "I just want you to know that it's over." My head snapped at him. What's over? as if reading my mind he explained. "I broke up with Cassie." I smiled, he really does like me. Happiness took over my fear. Screw Riley I was too happy to mess this all up. "So what is it? you sounded scared when you called me." I can't ruin this, I will tell him everything his brother did, just not now. The moment is too perfect to ruin.

I shook my head still smiling at him. "It's not important. I just wanted to tell you that I'll do whatever I have to, to be with you, if that's what you want." He laid down, and I pulled his head onto my lap.