Chapter 24- Love & Hate

Kathryn:

By the time my last class got dismissed I was desperate to leave. I regret coming to school in the first place. Now I have a headache, nausea, and I want to rip half the girls in the school's throat open for even glancing at Luke, and some of themwouldn't stop flirting with him.

Why does he have to be so hot?

The bell rang and I was probably the first one out, even though I was careful when standing up.

I saw Lana call me but I just ran for the bathroom. After a few minutes of vomiting my guts out on the disgusting toilet, I cleaned up and walked back out and saw Cassie passing by and I tried to not be seen by her.

"Kath." She said walking my way. Great.

"Cassie." My voice sounded bored.

"I wanted to talk." She sounded a little desperate.

"I have nothing to say to you." She's a traidor. She helped Riley, I have no intentions of looking at her unless it's with my claws on her neck.

"Please, its important." I started walking away, she grabbed my arm. "I'm not working with Riley anymore." Oh really. A little too late isn't it?

"What do you want with me?" I turned around yanking my arm away from her grasp. I'm very pissed off.

"To talk." She repeated. Then I saw Lana walk over. Just what I needed.

"What's going on?" She asked suspicious. Lana is still mad at Cassie, I don't blame her I want to rip her head out as well.

"I just want to talk to her Lana." Cassie said.

"After everything you did, you have the nerve to look at her." Lana spat out pulling me behind her.

"Lan its okay, I'll talk to her, it won't be long." She gave a look like I just talked in gibberish.

"Kath, she-" I cut her off.

"I'll be fine. Just a few minutes." She hesitaded but nodded. "She's human, she can't hurt me." She looked from my stomach to me and I shook my head. "She won't hurt us." Lana just let it go and walked away. I looked at Cassie and her jaw was dropped and eyes wide, she realized what I meant by 'us'.

"You're-" She didn't finish. Well I didn't let her finish.

"Get to the point, we don't have long before my brother realizes I should be home." I said rolling my eyes. She seemed to snap out of her trance. "Hold on a minute."

'Mark you can go home without me. I have a ride.' I told him through the link.

'But Alpha Stefan won't like it ' he answered.

'Tell him to deal with me.' I closed the link not giving him time to answer.

"Lets go." I told Cassie.

"I'll take you home." We started walking towards the exit.

Once we were in the car she started talking. "I want to apologize for all I did. I had my reasons, they weren't exactly fair but Riley made me do some of it, I didn't have a choice." I rolled my eyes.

"If you were really sorry you wouldn't be doing what you are with my mate." She looked at me shaking her head.

"I broke up with Luke," I crossed my arms over my chest and stared at her "I was with him today because he doesn't know anybody else in town." She has a point.

"Fine." I gave in. I should at least let her talk.

"But that's not the only reason I wanted to talk to you." I waited for her to continue. "He's starting to remember things." My eyes widened. "He has constant dreams and sometimes he'll zone out and call your name, or just break down out of nowhere." Hearing that almost made me cry. My sweet mate needs me as much as I need him.