Chapter 25- Simple tests of love and life

IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE IN THE END PLEASE READ IT.

Chapter 25

Kathryn:

"Honestly?" He asked and I got nervous but instead of freaking out I simply nodded, masking any expressions off my face. "No." He said quietly and I looked away from him to hide my disappointment, my lips were in a line and I'm sure I'm as pale as I get right now.

"Alright then, you can forget about it." I said coldly after getting up.

"Wait, let me finish." I froze in place listening. "I want to learn how to want this child as badly as you do. I want to learn to be the old me for you." He turned me around and took my hands. "So teach me Kath." I looked into his eyes and saw he meant it. In his new colder blue eyes, I found the softness that belonged to my mate. I nodded again finding myself teary, again.
I'm so sick of crying.

I nodded smiling and he grinned before wrapping his arms around me. I hugged him close to me. I might not like this new sassy attitude of his but I like the confidence. "So am I forgiven?" He asked and I smirked.

"No, it means I'm too hormonal and needy to say no right now." I teased and got out of his grip. I made him chase me inside. I bumped into a grinning from ear-to-ear Cassie. I take it that the talk with my brother went well. Carter was behind her by a few feet and smiling big. Luke popped up behind me and pulled me back into his chest.

"Caught you." He whispered. Carter stood in front of Cassie, their hands locked behind them. He smiled at us and Luke stiffened behind me. I looked back at him and saw jelousy in his eyes. I sighed and pulled a little way from him, yanking myself from his grip and crossed my arms on my chest.

"So what are you guys up to?" Cassie asked.

"I'm gonna go take a bath and sleep, and he's going home." I pointed at Luke.

"What? Why?" I looked at him, he looked sad.

"Because I say so." He pouted.

"What did I do now?" He asked.

"Nothing." I lied and made it an obvious I was lying. "How are you guys?" I said watching Luke in the corner of my eye.

"We're great." Carter said still with his huge grin. "We just talked to Alpha Stefan, the ceremony will be held this weekend." They seemed really happy about it. I wiggled my eyebrows at them and Cassie blushed when I pointed to her neck, silently mentioning the mark. I saw Luke was really unconfortable and decided its enough torture for today, I feel bad. Even if I am jealous, I know he still has some kind of feelings for her.

"That's great, really guys congrats." I said and Luke nodded awkwardly. "I'm gonna go to bed now. We need sleep." I said and started walking away. I saw Luke frozen in place unsure of what to do. I offered my hand and he started at it confused. I smiled. "You coming?" His eyes lit up a little and he took my hand walking close to me.

We walked upstairs and into my room.

"So what do you want to do?" I asked him and he smirked.

"Right now what I want to do is 'mate' with you again." I rolled my eyes.

"I meant if you want to go home." He shook his head and I supressed a smile as I nodded. "I'm gonna go take a bath." His eyes widened in excitment. "Alone." I pointed out and he looked completely embaressed. "Calm down, I'm still a little mad. I saw you get jealous." I mumbled and he sighed. I got my pjs and went in the bathroom.

I took a long bath and when I got out I felt relaxed and perfectly happy, I have Luke back.

I walked out into my room and saw him laying in my bed, only in boxers. I took in his amazing physique and tried not to stare.