Chapter 6- Busted and Alone

Kathryn:

Lana looked at us as if we had commited a crime. Luke, looked scared and guilty, but me, surprisingly I wasn't scared, guilty, sad, no. I was happy, and beyond peaceful.

I was in heaven! He kissed me, my mate wants me, he understands me. Being with him, kissing him, felt so natural, so right. I felt like I belonged. But Luke was ashamed of what just happened. He was thinking about Cassie.

I wanted to feel bad or even the slightest bit ashamed or guilty, but I just didn't have it in me. The idea that he regretted kissing me was too devastating to think of.
I know what I'm doing is wrong, and that he does have a girlfriend, but I have to look at things from who I am and what I am, he was born to be mine, I don't want to hurt Cassie's feelings, but I have to look out for myself first.

"I'm sorry. I-" He couln't finish, "I-I didn't- I'm sorry." He said in a rush before getting up and going towards the stairscase to the rooms, but Lana grabbed his arm and made him stay.

"Relax." She told him, "I'm just trying to help." She added, but that only confused him.

"Help? With what? What do you mean?" He questioned and she sighed.

"What I mean is-" I cut her off. Come on Lana, don't do this to me.

"She means, she won't tell Cassie, and that she'll forget what she saw. Right Lana?" I said in a rush, my eyes pleading her, begging her to understant.

"No." Was her simple answer. What the hell, she was supposed to be my best friend here. "What I do mean is that I wanna know what's going on here." She paused and looked at him. "You can't just go around kissing your ma-"

'LANA' I screamed in her head in time for her to fix it.

"Your girlfriend's friend, when she is sleeping with you and waiting for you for you to come back to the room." She fixed, sounding mad, I didn't understant that though. Her anger. She should understand, she knows what the pull can do, yet she didn't seem to care. She is being a hypocrite, I mean sure its her cousin but she knows how strong the pull is.
He's sleeping with her. I know I shouldn't be so disappointed, he doesn't even know he has a soul mate. But it hurt, the thought of him with someone else, it was devastating.

He was now looking down, embaressed of his actions, I know he really does like Cassie, and he hated to hurt her.

"Lana, please, don't tell Cassie." He looked away from her and our eyes locked. "This was a mistake, and it won't happen again." He said coldly and left. My heart tore apart that exact moment.

"Kath?" She said but I could barely hear it. His voice playing that same sentence in my head over and over again. this was a mistake. It won't happen again.

To him, I was a mistake, an error, something wrong, and he didn't want it anymore. He didn't want to repeat his mistake.

Luke, my mate, the one who had just kissed me, didn't want me.

I wasn't crying, maybe I had run out of tears, or maybe I was too in shock to cry. Either way I didn't want to be here right now.

All I feel is the pain of feeling my heart that had been filled with hope a minute ago, break into a million pieces.

So this is what it feels like to be rejected.

I got up and went down the stairs. I felt Stefan awake, he knew something was wrong and wanted to talk to me, he met me outside his room, and I forced a smile on my face.

"Hey Stef, can I borrow your car?" I asked hoping he would just give me the keys so I could drive away from here.

"Why? what happened?" He asked confused and worried.

"Please don't make me explain. Just let me go home." He didn't seem convinced. "I can't stay here, and I can't go to the lake." He didn't even blink. "Stefan please." I begged and he gave in.

"Okay I'll give you the keys, but on 3 conditions." He offered.

"Yeah?" Oh god what now?

"1- Promise to drive safely, and DON'T wreck my car, and hurt yourself, in any way." He asked and I knew he meant the second part in more than 1 way.

"Done." I said automatically. Although I do know that I'll be ignoring his double meaning as soon as I have to.

"2- tell me something, does this have anything to do with Luke?" He asked and all I could do was nod. "Did you tell him? he rejected you?" He asked in a rush.

"No and something like that." I answered quietly.

"3- You tell me everything that happened, as soon as I get home. Okay?" He asked and I nodded again. "Okay then." He gave me the keys that had been in his hand. "Be safe, and oh, do you mind just bringing the other bag thats left in the car up here before you go? I think its Rachel's swimming gear." I nodded and left. I broght him the bag and got back in the car.

Driving back down home was if realization hit me and I broke down. I cried, my head spinning. In the middle of the night it was hard to see and the tears made my vision blurry. but at the moment, I didn't care. My heart hurt so much that I wanted to die, I wanted the pain to be over. Anything would feel better than the pain I was feeling.

He was going to reject me.
Of course, my mate was going to reject me for a human. A human!
This can't be happening. Why is it happening?
I didn't do anything to deserve it. At least I don't think I did.
A mate was all I wanted, one that loved me from the beginning and that would make me his whole world. And now I was going to be rejected.

I had said I wished for death but I'm not sure I meant it. When I saw it, It was too late. There's nothing I could do to stop it. The small truck was coming my way and I was too late to move out of the way. When the crash came, I didn't feel it. I simply let the darkness take over.