Chapter 20: Blessed

#115

" Aavya, you're so blessed!" Just another morning when Maa reminded me I'm blessed.
Some days, it's vital for your soul to hear these affirmations for a better day.
Can't be more grateful for her presence in our lives.
#FoodForSoul. :)

~ Aavya, on a day when her great grandmother showered her with some positivity.

❋❋❋

It must have been more than 15 minutes since Rose and Aman left. Kyle was still clutching Naomi and her incessant sobs were now mere sniffs. Kyle pulled her away to get a good look at her and in a second's time, his lips were on her. Soothing, gentle, and at the same time so passionate, demanding for their lost time.
He missed her and left no chance to show her that. She returned the kiss with equal fervor completely ignoring the fact that her mother was fast asleep just two rooms away.

She needed him and it wasn't until he was right outside the door she realized how stupid she had been to let him go through all the misunderstandings. It would have been easier just to cough up things and let fate take a course but then it was meant to be this way. 
He kissed her cheeks, savoring her lips then moving to her tiny nose. Leaving small wet kisses to claim his mark. Her tears were still flowing.

" Naomi..." He whispered against her lips.  

" I'm so so sorry, Kyle... I've been an idiot. I-I..." She flattered. He held her face to have a good long look at her. He waited for her to complete herself.

" I-I was so worried. I'd never been able to live with myself if something was to happen to you because of me. Th-those people... They could have hurt you... Or would have used me as leverage against you to get..." She couldn't complete herself before crackling up.

" Shush... I know. I know it all. I understand why you did what you did. But that doesn't mean I forgive you for not trusting me enough. For not believing that I might find us a solution. For not having faith in us." Her eyes were so red and swollen just like her lips. Her face turned crimson and exhaustion was apparent on both their faces. 

" I-I wanted to. God knows how much I wanted to tell you. I was just scared that... that... "

" That I might leave you? " He completed her and she nodded obediently like a kid. He couldn't help but laugh.

She looked confused.

He moved her lone strands of hair with his fingers before placing soft kisses on her face.

" I'm disappointed in myself for not loving you enough to make you feel secure and safe."

" No! Please don't say that..." She wiped her eyes.

" You should have come to me, Naomi. I can't bear to imagine what you went through alone. It infuriates me more when I think about it. "

" I'm sorry... "

" Stop apologizing! " He snapped and for a moment Naomi noticed in how much pain he was. She felt blessed to be loved by him. Blessed indeed for she found someone who loves her so much more than she thought she deserved. 

" I love you. I missed you so much. " He continued.

She hugged him tightly promising herself to never let go of him. It was such a strong one but it meant so much more than such an act of affection. 

" I love you too. Every day felt like a death sentence thinking that I might never see you again until Rose and Aman came. I don't know what would have happened if... " She looked in his eyes and he saw the dread she felt.