Chapter 17: The Plan

#918

" This is your plan, Aman? " My big brother is more often than not obstinate about things.

" Yes, Aavya! It's 'The Plan'. A perfect one at it. Don't worry. I've got it all under control." And he can be pretty cocky about it too. 

" You trust him, Ayan?" I looked at my other brother who was now showing a proclivity to Aman's craziness.

" I'm not sure but I'm afraid we're out of options here. "

" Well, we can just go to bed... " I couldn't believe myself that I was suggesting that but someone had to be sane.

" Now, dear little sister, you never said that because we're doing this." He beamed as if he were some kind of cape-wearing superhero and I had to give in. 

But, then 'The Plan' did well and we were able to sneak out the chocolate cake from under our parents' watch along with the PlayStation. Also, I'm quite sure they saw us but let us off the hook for once but then again we didn't see another chocolate cake making its way into our humble abode for a month.

We blame Aman but then he's too proud for his plan worked.

~ Aavya, two months after their successful Chocolate Cake Heist.

❋❋❋

" Get up now. A coffee might soothe your senses." Aman's back ached.

" I couldn't believe I slept here on the couch." He stretched his arms while sipping the coffee.

" What can I say, you're exhausted as hell. You passed out as soon as you lied down to 'rest'. " She gestured the last word with quotes symbolizing what he'd said last night.

Aman and Rose were in Rose's office. She had forced him to crash there before he could do things everyone would regret, or importantly he would regret in the near future.

He didn't reply as his usual instinct beckoned him to, instead he just sat and finished his coffee.

Rose isn't a person you'd say would like to depict her inner patience at such times so she had to ask, " Okay! So, what next?" 

He didn't answer.

" Aman... You can't tell Kyle, not yet."

He stood up in a jiffy. She was taken aback.

" I know Rose. I know. I'm not 15 anymore, a kid whose actions you were controlling back then. I know what to do... " He said it fast, he said it rough, and well he didn't mean it obviously.

She nodded her head.

" Fine. Why don't you travel back in time and tell that to your 8 hrs in past self, you extemporaneous moron..." She shouted the last three words.

Both were aggressive and both were impulsive, and yes people do wonder how did they fell in love but now they know how the story ended.

Rose went to sit in her chair taking deep breaths. She did that more often now than before. It was the only way to keep her temper in check. 

Suddenly, Zeehan stormed in and was startled looking at the two of them.

Both of them just stood still, " Uh, didn't render you'll be here, with him..." He pointed to Aman.

" Where were you?" It was more of a demand than a question.

" Listen, Zee..." She moved closer towards him.