Chapter 45: Sanguine

#512

I'm not an eavesdropper but one can't really not help lending one's ear to what might seem like a potentially interesting conversation. So, it was a Sunday afternoon and everyone was napping except me. When I was walking across our mini library I heard something.

" It came quite naturally and I didn't think none of us didn't see that coming." It was Mumma.

" Well, yea. I might agree. But I had never imagined them falling in love." That was Uncle Jaai. Mumma and he are the best of friends and it didn't take a genius to know that they were talking about Aman and Rose. Aman who was currently we've no clue where and Rose who was brutally heartbroken.  

" Oh, did you not?" She asked. 

" Hmm... I don't think I did. We were always friends and such good ones. Best indeed. I saw that for them. " 

" Right! I understand. Even I wouldn't want Aavya to ever go through what Rose is going through and I do love her so much. I'm really sorry that Aman did what he did." Mumma replied remorsefully.

" Maybe we were lucky enough to not love each other like that. As we were there to support one another when we were going through a difficult phase. It's sad to see that love can affect and possibly ruin such a beautiful friendship. They were best friends first and then lovers. It's heart-wrenching to lose a lover but so much crueler to lose a best friend." There was so much pain in those sentences that even I had my heart break at that thought. 

I peeked in and saw Mumma give a hug to Uncle Jaai. It only eased some tension as when words don't work actions do. 

" I can't imagine not having you in my life, Jaai... And..." She couldn't speak as if Aman's absence was her fault, her blame to take. Technically, he was her son. But, still, it wasn't anyone's fault but his. 

"  Me too, Hana, me too..." 

Then I left. It was a private moment between two friends and I'd be truly invading their privacy too much. I've realized that some things one can't share with one's family but only with their best mates. They both were reeling in pain so it was good for them to speak their heart out.

From them, I've learned that to be sanguine in the worst possible scenarios and not lose hope can be daunting but with a best friend by your side, it does get endurable. 

~ Aavya, on the night she saw her Mumma and his best friend, Jaai have a heart-to-heart talk.

❋❋❋

A little pause doesn't hurt. Instead, it's vital for rejuvenating oneself. It's important as it ensures you get back strong. For, Aman and Rose their relationship felt as if it had taken a long not much-needed pause, only to get back stronger. They did hit a snag but tonight was perfect. It was more than perfect. It was a reunion, a reunion of souls, minds, and hearts into one.  

Perfect is such an illusion, an illusion we make for ourselves so that we can dream of a better world, a world that doesn't disappoint us. Yet, we live our entire lives dreaming a dream that so much as never could be real. But, we never stop. We never stop dreaming, believing, and imagining and that makes us so human. Our limitless optimism. Our state of being sanguine

Rose had never stopped believing in her love. She thought she had given up but deep in her heart, she knew she never could. Aman had never given up too. He wanted the best of both worlds and once he thought he could achieve the said feat he was running behind it. He never gave up on his ambitions, his dreams meant so much to him but the people who thought he had left his love behind were so wrong. He had always been hers, only hers. He was just never good enough to prove that. He never stopped loving her, his heart was in the right place and his soul so pristine and hence despite all that life had thrown at him she was back, with him in his arms and paradise never existed like this before.