Chapter 7: Fishy

#1087
Aman has always been the bookworm of our house, well the detective fictions he dives his nose into brings more trouble to us than anyone else...
I can tell because you'll always find his sneaking, sniffing and stealthy self tumbling around whenever a shoe, pair of keys, my favourite toy or even my pencil goes missing.
Today, I misplaced my unicorn jacket, I wish he were here to find it for me like he always did :(

Man! I'm missing him more than he deserves...
Sleeping now, bye.

~ Aavya, on the day she was sure she had lost her precious jacket forever.

❋❋❋

" Ayan, for the 3rd time I'm telling you this. I am still at Oberoi's. I will be coming back in an hour." Aman tried to be calm on the cell phone to maintain the decorum of a public place but his impatient brother was making it an extremely tedious job.

" But, the meeting... " Aman had already hung up.

Aman is trying to shop for an hour now but it's not being fruitful. He wants some shirts and a couple of t-shirts but he's not able to decide. Moreover, Logan is flying here this week and he wasn't sure when. Thea specially made me a note that he needs to buy something, a sort of welcome gift for Logan and little Maxx. He didn't do it for Thea so he has to compensate. So, It wasn't the t-shirts and shirts after all. It was making up for his friends that were bothering him.

Aman knew he was always bad at buying presents. With Rose, the task seemed like a piece of cake and today he's frustrated. Everything is awesome and he freaking can't select one thing. He has to do it today because these 3 hours were only the spare time he had in 4 days.

As he turned the second time at the same junction he saw a similar face. Finally, someone who could help.

" Naomi..." He called but she was almost around the other corner, walking hastily. There were a lot of people around and Aman didn't wanna scare her shouting in the middle of a mall.

He followed her quickly, hoping that Kyle must be around here as well.

" Naomi..." He shouted again but she seemed to lend him deaf ears. Aman was still following her towards the far end of the aisle when he thought he had lost her to the crowd until he heard some whispers.

" I don't know how you do it but I want my money, now. " It was a hoarse manly voice.

" Sshhh... Lower your voice. I think I saw Kyle's friend somewhere here. I don't want to be spotted." That was definitely Naomi.

Aman wasn't good at voice recognition but mentioning the names made it pretty clear. Something was wrong.

" You always decide the place. Don't pin it on me. Either you give me what I want or else he knows. " That was a threat.

" No! Dare you to do anything as such. I only have this much now. Next week..."

"You've got a rich fiancé. I think you can manage it in a day's time. " He said in a tough voice. Aman tried to get a look at him but Naomi's tall self was obstructing the view, also Aman had to know what was happening he couldn't just blow off his cover. He was sure he was certainly on to something fishy.

" I can't go on asking for money. He will get suspicious..." She whispered.

" He trusts you, babe..." Aman noticed that man's fingers lingering over her arms but she jerked him off.

" Don't you complete that..." Suddenly Aman's cell phone rang.

Both of them looked towards his way but he fled from the backside.