Chapter 2: Pain Ensues

#307
Gosh... I can't express in words, she is no more! Ma... Our Ma...
She will be missed immensely...
She was everyone's everything...
She wanted to see Aman...
~ Aavya, her pen trailing off, two days after Ma's demise.

❋❋❋

" Hey! Aman... Stop... Stop..." She laughed.

He loved her mesmerizing smile.

She loved his cute dimples.

" Rosie... Do you want more? Huh?" He was tickling her where she was the most sensitive.

Still, in their uniform, they were a couple everyone envied.

'Childhood Sweethearts' is what they were nicknamed.

Alas, the sweet time is fleeting and all that remains are those cherished memories. It's hard to forget the sweet memories. But it's harder to forget the bitter ones.

Rose walked across the shore with her sandals in her hand, cheeks wet and an achingly miserable broken heart. She never reckoned it might hurt so much but it did.

" I already have a girlfriend, Zee. She's coming from Paris next week. I hope that answers your question. " She wished that she hadn't heard that but she had.

She saw Aman entering with Ayan and her mind warned her not to furtively go behind them but her stupid heart won and she just wanted to see him once, tell him that her heart still remains the same despite the six long miserable years, wishing his heart was as pure as wanting as hers but that sentence broke her, broke her into million pieces.

If what happened six years ago wasn't a cue then this definitely was, it was time, a long overdue one though, it was time to finally move on. It might not be easy but life's never a cakewalk, right?

✿✿✿

" Girlfriend? Of course, should have seen that coming. " Zeehan croaked gulping down his tonic before leaving.

Everyone watched him go. He was upset and he had the reasons to be but no one mentioned it.

" So, Kyle you got engaged..." Aman asked sitting beside his best friend.

" Yeah! It's just been 4 months. Her name is Naomi. She is a psychology professor and is rather lovely. " He replied with a wide smile depicting how truly happy he was.

" Congratulations, that is great..."

Things have changed, no one could deny that. The atmosphere was weirdly awkward but feelings were still the same.

✿✿✿

When Aman returned home, it was deserted. He did not regret his decision of running away to France, but perhaps he could have done it differently. If he had ensured he had everyone's blessing it might have turned out well but alas he did was he felt like.
Everything wasn't in place like it used to be. He felt responsible for that. He wasn't around when his family needed him the most, he wasn't there to lend his shoulder to her sister when she needed him.

He felt so angry with himself.

His cell phone rang.

" Thea..." He missed her, he wanted her to be with him now.

" Aman... How are you?"