Chapter 28: All About Perspective

#3139

" Ayan, you should be the last person stereotyping boys and girls..." I practically yelled at Ayan when he suggested I could always choose pink for anything and everything. 

" And why?" He dared to ask. 

" Because you were the only one Mumma and Papa thought of as their baby girl, so tread the water carefully." As soon as I said that everyone was laughing. They knew the story. Papa was so confident that Ayan was their baby girl before he was even born. Well, it was hilarious though. 

" Haha! Very funny. Mistakes happen. Can't blame one for being protective, okay." He added to defend but didn't help much as the laughs continued. 

" Also, Aavya..." He called before pretending to storm out.

" Hmmm?"

" It's all about perspective, okay. You need to yours. It's alright fine, absolutely fine even if 'boys' like 'pink'. Okay. I do. I look devilishly handsome in pink. I know that and you can't deny that." And off he went.

Well, that was rough and it was true. Pink did suit my brother, actually, all the men of our house and I'd not like them to not adorn pink just because someone says so.
Perhaps, it's high time to change one's perspective for the better.

~ Aavya, on the night when they all discussed stereotypes during dinner.

❋❋❋

As much as it hurt her heart she knew she had to do it. Why does it have to be so difficult? Well, fidgeting with someone's feelings has never been an easy task, has it? 

Laksh was a good decent man and she reminded herself that every second, in case her heart wobbles. It was just a dance, a dance could never hurt and besides he was an excellent dancer, only a dummy would miss a chance but what she had not seen coming was his suave charm making his way towards her discreetly. 

He was a really good charmer and his maneuver was perfect but her reflexes were top-notch. He led her into what would be a perfect dance with the right movements and impeccable gestures. As they swayed he leaned to first plant a kiss on her cheeks which was acceptable but then it was not.

He leaned in further taking a cue but her face turned so swiftly, she had understood his move well, that his lips planted on her other side of the cheeks. He was surprised but then he had never felt that stupid. Rejection is hard but this made him feel creepy and on top of that it was not only impulsive but also so not gentlemanly. He should have known that there was something going on with her and she would not give in so easily. Why would he make a fool of himself only to ruin what was going on for good? 

" Oh.. Rose... I-I... I didn't mean to... I'm so sorry." He blurted.

She tried to smile.

" Don't fuss. It's not your fault. But, I'll need you to be patient just for a while... If you can?" She asked with such pleading eyes.

" Yeah, of course..." Then she just rested her head on his chest and let him guide their waltz to the end. Laksh wanted to add some more words, perhaps an explanation but he was smart enough to know when the person isn't inclined to converse, and then he was done for the day, embarrassment-wise. 

Well, in a distant universe of Rose's it was all but a misunderstanding and a crisis averted but that was not what Aman saw or comprehended from the other side of the floor. Angle is everything sometimes. What is seen by some may not necessarily be the same thing seen by another. Someone's day is someone else's night and someone's loss might as be another's gain. Ah! The world works in a mysterious way and hence we all have been gifted with misunderstandings.