Chapter 22: A Grand Opening

#2187

I abhor Grand Openings of things, draws too much attention, craves for unwavering concentration, and being a part of the Raichands family, they are inevitable as well. I might enjoy meeting people but then who likes to smile straight for 6 hours in front of strangers?             
I for one don't. Well, doesn't matter, gotta go to another one right now. Bye. 

~ Aavya, before going for another Raichands event.

❋❋❋

Aman's face turned pale white as he turned to find Rose limping and blood oozing out of her right palm. The pain must have been so excruciating that he noticed tears dripping like silver pearls down her cheeks.    

" God! Rosie..." He ran jumping above some obstacles towards her and took her hand in his. It was pierced by glass pieces, he quickly counted 4 of them scattered over the area.

She was sniffing trying to take deep breaths to soothe the pain.

" What? Where... " He didn't know what to ask. 10 seconds ago she was ready to charge him like a feral cat and the next moment she's hurt.

" I-I don't know... Gosh! It hurts... It hurts so much, Aman..." Her tears found their way over his hand with was holding her still, another palm on her face.

" Yes. I understand... Let's sit..."

" I doubt you do... Who the hell left broken glass pieces right on the table. I didn't have a hint they were there... " Aman looked over his shoulder to find scattered glass pieces on the counter table. The table was crystal clear and it would have been difficult to notice them there, also the lights weren't as bright to make things easier.

" Relax... I'll bring some water."

" No, wait..." She pulled him closer with her other hand.

" I-I...", she wanted to explain more. He realized that she blamed herself for not noticing but it wasn't her fault, " I stretched my palms for support on the table, and the next time I know... damn... It's painfully itchy..." She cried. She wasn't a sobbing baby but glasses in one's palms can be nasty. 

" Rosie... Look at me." Her tear-struck eyes met his brown orbs.

" It's okay. It was an accident. Now, all we need to do is gently remove these tiny pieces before they make their way deeper into the skin. Do you understand? " She nodded in affirmative. The blood from her hands was making its way on Aman's too.

" I don't know if we have first aid but can't waste time searching for one. My car doesn't have one and I know we removed one from yours... " She closed her eyes and shook her head. 

Gosh! He hated watching her in pain.

" W-what will we d-do?" She whimpered but Aman's brain was already at work figuring out the alternatives.

" I have something in the kitchen that might help. " Without waiting for her response he dashed into the pantry and within a minute he was back with plating tweezers, one bottle of the finest whiskey, tissue papers, and a lot of cotton bobs. She looked at him in horror, disbelief, and awe.

" Gonna make do with this... Here have more than a couple of sips. I'll start with removing this." She was not sure whether drinking whiskey could help her when Aman handed her the bottle after disinfecting the tweezers with the same alcohol but as soon as Aman started pulling out the first piece she felt the agonizingly burning pain. The lacerations weren't deep but they sure as hell were oozing out blood.
As he pulled her hand tighter so as to prevent her reflexive actions from pulling it away she gulped down the whiskey a lot more than she intended to. She was sniffing and even her nose felt wet and red.