Chapter 31: A Catastrophe

#5921

" You know Ahana, I never had a brother or a sister. Neither did you. So, I always wanted our kids to have someone beside us. " It was one of those days when Mumma and Papa were just sitting by themselves in the living and I happened to eavesdrop. I don't do that often but yes, I do it quite sometimes. 

" Well, I did that too. I don't think anyone can understand a parent's pain but I wouldn't believe it for a second that anyone could even imagine what is it to miss a sibling. Ayan and Aavya are too strong." She replied. 

" I wish he hadn't had left. This all could've been avoided." Papa remarked and all Mumma did was gathered him in a hug. 

Aman and Ayan were quite close. But, after Aman went AWOL it was just the two of us and I had never been so grateful to have Ayan by my side. Most of the time he was indeed a pain in the ass but he is the best brother anyone could ask for and I love him so much. Of course, I love Aman too but where the hell is he? Doesn't he miss us? That jackass. 

~ Aavya, on a boring Thursday, when she was missing Aman. 

❋❋❋

It was to be just like any other night for Ansh, he had not anticipated that his daughter's heartbreak would result in giving him just the push over the edge he needed to rain on Ahana. And oh! boy, how he rained! It was a cataclysm.

God he knew he was saying things he didn't mean, things that did not define Ahana but he could not uncontrol his emotions.

He was anguished, furious and Ahana just seemed to be standing there and besides, she did deserve it if not all his wrath but a modicum of it. He had reached that cusp and there was no going back but when he saw her taking swift strides in his direction he had neither foreseen her next move as well. She knows to surprise. 
His soul knew he might just regret all of what he has spoken and he will most definitely hate himself because amidst all his obscure angry vision he had seen Ahana's tears and he hated himself when he made her cry, more than anything in the world.
And then as her proximity increased and in a move, she closed the gap between them he knew it was a battle he had lost. He was lost.

Then she kissed him, not letting him go. For once the sides were turned as he tried to brisk away but not too hard for he could not hurt her in any imaginable way, and heaven only knows how much he missed her. He needed her. But, his arrogance was riding him away from her. 
Gosh! Her lips were doing wonders and then he gave in completely letting his awestruck eyes close while he gathered his wife in an embrace, leaving no space in between, not even air could squeeze in. 
He missed her scent, her soft touch, the way she felt perfect with him, and how small her back felt when he held her so tight. He missed everything about her and even more. As a soft moan escaped her throat he thought he'd just die and how the hell he was even living without her these past few weeks. 
In no time he was overpowering her urge and deepening the kiss, it was strong yet filled with desire and a bit of vexation. Before they knew they were in their room and Ahana was breathing heavily, panting with tears flowing as she let his face go and looked into his wanderlust eyes. His were wet too and their eyes met only to say so many unsaid things. 

She grazed her lips against his and whispered, " Ansh... I-I never meant for you to feel that way. I would never..."

" But, it did Ahana. It did..." He cut her in his softest voice. She was still holding him in her arms and they were mere inches away.

" All that thing you said about a parent's pain. They were just a bunch of bullshit. You didn't feel crap, did you?" The flashbacks came back strong to Ansh. 

" W-what... NO, it wasn't bullshit. I missed him as much as you did. We were not in touch, Ansh. We hardly ever spoke." She added hastily. 

" I don't believe you. And it doesn't make me feel any better if you think it would. " It was a blatant but truthful reply. She couldn't deny it. Who would believe her anyway?