Chapter 3: Home Coming

#1798
Yes, days have been lonely and I miss Aman terribly but I'm fuming with anger. 4 years and not a call, not even a text from a brother to his only sister...
He will never be forgiven...
~ Aavya, on her 19th B'day.

❋❋❋

It has been almost 4 weeks since the funeral. Everyone is trying to get back to work. The cold war between Aman and Ansh is still going strong and everyone is confident it might not end soon. Ansh rarely has dinner with the entire family. Ahana's heart breaks watching her family so distraught. Aman and Ayan are occasionally seen together in the house while Aavya is always in her own pretty world.

The once close-knitted family never felt so estranged.

No one has mentioned Thea since the funeral. But, everyone wants to know about that girl, desperately, presumably, she is the one who stole Aman away from Rose. It was impossible to not see as she was always in Aman's company, making her the talk of the town now. It was known that they were in this business together as well. Partners of sorts.
It was a frequent topic of gossip in the gang in the absence of Rose and Aman. And it was obvious that Zeehan was the most agitated of all. Well, he had all the reasons to be.

" It's a homecoming party, Zee. Don't be a spoilt sport. He's my brother after all." Ayan said trying to build the lost enthusiasm.

Basically, it was Aavya's idea. It's high time that people face the music even if it's rancorous. She wanted Aman to bring Thea home and do some proper introductions. Aman was also well aware that his Dad wasn't pleased at all, he despised him and he regretted it. He hated himself for bringing that sorrow on him, on his mom and lastly on his siblings.

" Don't be a spoilt sport. The most healthy thing to do is to move on..." Naomi said.

" Really? The most healthy thing right now is to punch Aman in his face until...until..." Zeehan stopped, his anger was not quelling.

" Until what? You find him a place in the morgue and a bench for yourself in the prison? Uh? That's what you want?" Everyone turned their heads in the direction from where the familiar voice came.

" R-Rose..." Zeehan stuttered. He never stutters.

He would never want to see his sister hurt, moreover, it felt like an insult on her face.

" Zeehan! I think we all are mature enough to take our own decisions and face the consequences of the same. So, since everyone is present here... " There was dead silence for few seconds because when anyone in the squad says everyone, it really means everyone in their group. But, tonight Aman wasn't there.

".... I don't want you guys to pity me. I loved Aman, some part of him loved me back then but now things are different. Good different or bad different, I don't know. But, I just want you all to know that I'm perfectly fine. I've moved on. Maybe some part of me will always love him, he was my childhood sweetheart, my first... " She paused. Perfectly fine did sound more of an oxymoron but she shall endure.

" but... I assure you that I'm okay with how it has turned out to be. Let's not talk about this no more. And... " She stopped again.

" I'm gonna say Yes to someone who asked me out..." The last line was the most cheerful of all. She clapped her hands happily. For a second, people were letting all of it seep in. But, watching her happiness the lost smile returned as everyone gathered in a hug.

Finally, it felt like old times.

Yet, they were unaware of the fact that Rose was lying. She would never say yes to anyone but Aman. She quickly wiped her tear before it was noticed. All she wished was for the happiness of the people she loved. With, Aman coming back things were disturbed and getting awkward. This was the only way to make things right.