Chapter 32: Conundrum

#9,745

" Radiant Red or Boring Blue? Which one of the two looks better?"

" C'mon, Aavya! It's just a gift wrapping paper. How tough can it be? Pick one. We're already late. We were supposed to reach an hour ago. " Zee shrugged agitated.

" Well, It's not gonna be just a gift wrapping paper okay. It's gonna dorn Aavya's Secret Santa present. It's got to be unique." I reasoned.

" Then you should've been responsible enough to do all this drama a week before and not 2 hours tardily. On top of this, you involved me. Not only do I now know the presents but also the bearer of them. " He complained.

" Stop, whining Zee. I know you've got a stomach big enough for all our secrets. Who else would I take with me? I'm still now allowed to drive by myself. " When I said this Zee made a babyface.

" As if you follow rules." He shrugged.

" Okay! Don't help. Next time if you want my opinion on which movie to watch or what flavor of popcorn is just the match to go for with it, don't you dare come to me. Also, do remember today if you want to decide on which damn neon jacket suits you better...or if...."

" Stop. OKay!! Sorry! I accept. Radiant Red for obvious reasons. When it's a gift for Rose, all things radiant, all things red with just the glitter." He confessed and Aavya smiled.

" See, wasn't that difficult. Thank you. Radiant Red, it is then."

Ah! Boy, How much I miss our Secret Santa weeks. We had a good time when our only conundrum in life was choosing birthday presents, candies, toys, glitter pens, cartoon erasers, hell even gifting wrappers.

A bitter reminder that we are not 11 anymore. Adulting sucks big time.

P.S. My Radiant Red wasn't unique after all. Two more presents were wrapped in the exact same color. Damn Zee! Damn his choice!

~ Aavya, remembering her childhood Christmas week just a day before Christmas.

❋❋❋

It's an astonishment how a place can bring back so many memories and this studio was one of the many places where they had created ample sweet memories. Rose knew that if she took one glance at Aman it would be devastating.

" Rosie..." It was a soft, endearing call. A call she could have blatantly ignored for her own good but she never knew her body would be such a coward to give in.

Before her sense came to work he was kissing her insane and what was crazier was that she was kissing him back, just like he had challenged. Despite the warning and chiding herself now too, she wasn't able to stop. It was wild.
His lips were soft, gentle, and at the same time rough, fierce, and demanding. His fervor and passion were burning and she could feel his heart beating against her as she closed her eyes, raking her arms into his silky messy hair.
Not once did he let her lips go to explore her face as there was an innate fear within him that if he let her senses back she'd push him away. Then a moan left her throat and suddenly it empowered him to go back into his ways of touching her, feeling her every inch.

" Oh! Rosie..." It was a hoarse croak and a mistake as she burst her eyes open and at the same time he had let her lips breathe some air only to move towards nibbling her ears.

" A-Aman..." It started with a delicate push.

" Hmmm..." He kept the kisses going which was making it extremely difficult to resist.

"Aman... STOP!" It was a formidable push now.

He stopped at once although his entire body was fuming with desire, he was still inches away as their breaths mingled and he noticed a tear fall down.