Chapter 16 The New Teachers

AN

Happy New Year.

The best wishes for 2013 and I hope you like my new year pressent.

Also I want to thank you all for the votes you all gave me and I do hope some of you guys will leave a comment. Now enjoy the next chapter, and keep a look out for chapter 17 because that one will also be out verry soon.

end AN 

Chapter 16 The New Teachers

 Harry had seen that McGonagall had gotten to her feet.  

The great hall became quit at once. 

"Welcome everybody to another year at Hogwarts. Before we start the sorting I would like this moment to thank all the people who helped us to rebuild this school after the war we had last year." Professor McGonnagal began her speech. "Also I would like to have a minute of silence in honor of the ones who fell in defending the castle and who gave their loved for our freedom. So please all rise."
Everybody in the great hall got to their feet, and when everybody stood they all bowed their heads. The silence was overwhelming but after a minute a big applause erupted as a cheer for freedom and gratitude.
"Now," Said McGonagall "let me introduce you to our new herbology teacher who will help professor Sprout in her lessons, professor Longbottom."
At that moment Neville got to his feet from his seat next to professor Sprout and smiled at the applause he got. 
"WHAT!" said Ron, Harry, Hermione and Ginny at the same time.
"Why didn't he tell us?" Ron shouted over the havoc that the applause caused.
"Well I guess he wanted to surprise us," Said Harry, "and he did a great job at that."
"Just wait for your surprise," Said Ginny just as McGonagall started again.
"As some of you might know we also need a new defense against the dark arts teacher but as you van see by the empty chair beside me the teacher did not arrived yet so on with the sorting." McGonnagal ended her small speech and at that point the sorting hat was beginning his song.

After the sorting they could eat, with a "finally" from Ron and Ginny.
Harry and McGonagall kept eye contact from time to time to see when Harry would signal her that she could announce that the new teacher had arrived. Just as Harry had hoped for a lot of talk was who would be the new teacher. Than a small smile came over him as a thought crosses his mind. He took out some parchment and a quill and wrote a small note. After that he made a plane of it and took out his wand.
He tapped the plane and it flew away towards McGonagall.
She looked at the note and smiled. She read, 

"Dear Minerva, 

How about we pull our little joke over the night. I will sit with the rest of the teachers at the table for breakfast and will hand out the timetables as a head of house should. You than can announce that I am the new head of house and teacher. I don't want to spoil Neville's big event. What do you think about it? 

Sincerely Harry"
She smiled at Harry and put just an ok on the note. On Harry's plate he saw the word come to life by his peas which lined up to form the word.
He smiled at her and said to his friends that he would stay all of diner. 
"Why and what about your ?" Began Hermione.
"Not here and now later."was all Harry said.

As the desserts vanished and the plates returned to their clean state professor McGonagall got to her feet again and the great hall went quit at once.
"Before we go to bed I have some final things I want to say." McGonnagal began.
"The new students and some of the returning students, at this she looked directly at Harry, need to know that the forest on the grounds is as it named says forbidden. Also our caretaker has asked me to inform you that a list with all banned products can be looked at in his office, and please remember that no magic is allowed in the corridors between classes. So thank you for you attention and of to bed now." with that she sended all to bed. The whole hall erupted with banks scrapping over the floor as people got to their feet and went to their commenroom.