Chapter 46 Draco Forgiven

AN/

Well I think I can safley say that my plan of ending this story this year will not be realized.
I hope that you all don't hate me for that but well I had a busy time last few weeks so had no time to write.
Hope You will stick with the story just a bit longer.
As always I love to hear from you all and please vote and give some comments.
END AN/

Chapter 46 Draco Forgiven

The days after the attack on Draco was hot news in Hogwarts. The students who attacked him had all given detentions for the rest of the year and were not allowed any visits to Hogsmeade anymore. Draco was an instant hero as he was trying to defend a fellow student. Sirius was not happy at all about his students that they had tried to attack one of their own house. He had taken up their detentions on his own because he wanted to see their punishment to be hard. After a few days the talk about the attack was over, but Draco could still not believe the praise and attention that he was getting. When he walked into Harry with his new found entourage of admirers he asked Harry how he had managed all those years. Harry laughed about it. "Sorry to take him away from you all but I must speak to Mr. Malfoy so if you all will excuse us." Harry had said as he took Draco with him. "Thanks, that was torture. Even old Voldy was not that cruel." Draco said. Harry stopped dead in his track. Did Draco Malfoy just made a joke? Draco looked at Harry. "What? You can't say he wasn't?" He said with a smile. Harry just broke out laughing. They walked on and talked about what happened and how it had affected Draco and Damien. Draco asked about Damien's sister if she really was cured from lycanthropy. When Harry told him she really was cured Draco could not believe what he was hearing. "How is that possible?" he asked. "We really don't have a clue." Harry told him. "Madam Pomfrey has taken some blood and is doing tests on them to see if it is in her blood and that shows some promises for a cure. She isn't there yet but well who knows what she can find out." Harry went on. 

"This is really great news." Draco said. "I can ask father if he will sponsor some research. I think that a lot of people will look with some suspicion to it but if it helps who knows that my familyname will be not such a burden for me in the end." Draco said, the last part he said with pain in his voice as his name had always meant something in the wizarding world. Now after the war his name was nothing because of the roll his father had played in it. He was glad that after the trial of his father he didn't have to go to Azkaban and now he knew he had to thank Harry for that, as his testimony had helped a lot. They entered Harry's office and when Draco noticed Ron sitting in a chair he wanted to turn and leave. "Draco please don't go, we need to talk." 

It was Ron who had spoken. Draco turned around and did not know what to expect. He had heard that Ron had used his first name and not just Malfoy. He walked over to where Ron was sitting. "What is it you wanted to talk to me about Mr. Weasley?" Draco asked. He kept his voice straight but he would not yet call the man Ron. As Ron had not expected that Draco would become friendly just after that he had called him. "I want to thank you for what you have done for Damien the other day. Also I would like to say that I really think you have changed a lot the past few months, and the Draco Malfoy that I see here is one I like a lot better than the one we knew all those years. I hope you can forgive mine reaction just after the attack attempt by Pansy Parkinson at the beginning of the year, I know it is late and we have talked before but I really wanted to tell you this." Ron looked at Draco to see what reaction the young man would give. "I don't need to forgive you anything Ron," Draco said to everybody's surprise. Draco who had kept silent for some time smiled. "I would have thought the same thing at that point. We didn't knew each other than as we do know so you see there is nothing to forgive. It is alright. I only hope you all can forgive myself one day for all the wrong I have done towards you. I know it is a small excuse but I really didn't know any better." Draco said to them all. "Miss. Granger in special I was very mean to just because she came from Muggle parents, but she was always and still is top in our class. I must say i am also a bit jealous of you for all you have done and still you get those grades." He said to Hermione. "I hope you can forgive me one day Hermione." Draco said. Hermione just smiled at him. "I don't need to forgive you Draco. The man I see today is not the boy or man that treated me that way. You are a whole new person just like Ron said. So why hold something against you that was not you. I can see that the way you are now is more you, so if you stay this way all is well between us." She said. Harry just smiled and was so proud at his friends and Draco.  

Ginny just looked at him, than at Draco. "Don't expect forgiveness from me at this point." she said. "I have already forgiven you when you saved Harry all those months ago from that attack by your classmates." she just said.  

Harry pulled up a chair and after this the talks went about school stuff and what would happen with Damien when they would leave in the summer. 

Draco left the office a small hour later and walked to the library to study. He never would have thought that it would feel this good to say you were sorry for things you have done. In the office Harry told Ron, Hermione and Ginny that he was proud of them for what they had said to Draco. The four teens talked some more but Ron and Hermione had to leave for their duties. Ginny also left Harry so he also could do some work but they would see each other that evening again and than have the evening for them selves. Harry could not wait for it but he had some work to do as he was still a teacher after all. Diner at the school was as any other. Harry sat at the teachers table and Ginny, Ron and Hermione were at the Gryfindor table. But when Harry scanned the rest of the great hall he could not believe what he was seeing. Draco Malfoy was not at his normal place at the end of the Slytherin table he was in the middle of the Ravenclaw table and he was talking and enjoying himself as it was the most normal thing in the world. "Are my eyes deceiving me or is Draco at the wrong table?" He asked Minerva. McGonnagal who looked at the same scene as Harry just smiled. "I think you have inspired Mr. Malfoy to be more than just a Slytherin." Harry smiled back. he thought Draco looked happier than he had done in a very long time. He looked over at Ginny and she smiled at him. She pointed her wand at her plate and the message appeared at Harry's. "I see the same." Was all it said but Harry knew enough and they would talk about it later. Diner was over and Harry walked to his commenroom when a student walked towards him. 

"Sir can I talk to you?" He asked. Harry didn't want to he wanted to talk to his friends but he knew that he as a teacher sometimes had to do things you didn't want to. 

"What can I do for you Mr. Smootsh, if it is about your homework you have to do it yourself. Questions about your homework also can wait till class tomorrow I think." Harry said, he thought it was pretty clever as he had not said it but left almost no room for the student to still ask him something. "No sir, it is about" than the Mr. Smootsh stopped. he seemed to doubt his question. "It is okay Mr. Smootsh, what do you want to know?" Harry said to his student. "Well sir, I heard some students talking about how they wanted to start a dark magic club and train for a new war they thought was coming. I didn't see who they were as I was in the library and I didn't want them to know I was there." When Mr. Smootsh finished his story Harry knew what to do. "Thank you Mr. Smootsh please don't say anything about this to anyone. I will inform the headmistress myself. Please go to your commenroom and don't worry about it. We will handle it." Harry watched Mr. Smootsh walk off and called for Kreacher. He told the elf to get Ginny and his other two friends also he wanted Neville and Luna at the Headmistresses office. Harry knocked on the door and when he entered Minerva looked at him, when she saw his look she knew there were some issues that needed her attention and fast. When there was another knock on the door and the other 5 walked in she didn't understand. "Thanks all of you for coming," Harry said. "We have some big problems."