Chapter 17 first lesson

AN

Well another chapter done. I hope some of you give a comment.

I hope you all will like it and enjoy the story so far.

Let me hear your thoughts.

Thanks and enjoy. 

Paterdave2

 end AN

Chapter 17 first lesson

Harry walked into the classroom to find it filed with first years.
He checked his list and noticed they changed the setting a little, in front of him were the Gryffindors and Huffelpufs.
He had seen that he would teach the Gryffindor first years and had assumed that it would be with the Slytherings.
"Good morning class." Harry began his first lesson ever as a real teacher.
"Morning Professor Potter." was the reply of all students. 

Harry looked around the class as he took the list for attendance and could not believe his eyes.
When a small Huffelpuf girl raised her hand to let him know she was there he saw a tabby looking cat that he had seen change in front of him at his first transfiguration lesson.
"Aah," Harry said, "I see we have a visitor, he walked over to the cat and took her in his arms.
"You should loose some weight." he whispered with a wicked smile to the cat which hissed a little.
When he had placed the cat on his desk he went on with his lesson.
"Welcome to your first lesson defense against the dark arts.
In these lessons you will learn the basic defensive spells so when you need to defend yourself you will be able to. Yes Mr. Romain what do you want to know?" Harry said to the boy right in front of him.
"Well sir, why do we need to learn all this if you defeated he who must not be named?" The boy called Mr. Romain asked
"Good question." Said Harry. "Well first of all you can say his name. As a great wizard once told me ' alway use the proper name for things, fear of a name increases fear of the thing itself.'
Second you never know what will happen to you or people you love so you need be able to defend yourselves." Harry told the boy.
"Ok put your Books away and your wands out please. We need to team up with another student and I want all of you to pick a partner that is not from your own house." Harry told the class.
The class had been divided in sets of 2 in about 5 minutes and Harry asked them all to stand and line up in the middle of the class.
When everybody was in the middle he waved his wand and all tables and chairs flew to the side.
With another wand movement cushions appeared behind every student.
"Ok," Harry said, "today we will begin with the disarming spell. We will begin with the movement." Harry did the movement and than asked the class to follow his example.
When he thought they had it covered he said to the class.
"Keep in mind that the movement in only 1 part of the magic you also need the incantation to make it work. Does anybody know this incantation?"
To Harry's joy a few hands went up.
He even noticed a small girl who had been from muggle parents put her hand up.
"Yes Mrs. Saffier." Harry said as he called the small girl. 
"Expelliarmus sir." Said the girl in a small voice.
"Very good," said Harry, "take 5 points for Hufflepuf."
The small girl blushed with the praise she got and Harry did as if he didn't noticed it.
"So shall we try that all together."He said to the class.
"Expelliarmus" the whole class said as Harry gave a sign.
"Very good everybody." Harry really thought the class did great.
"Ok now everybody on the right side of me," said Harry as he raised his right arm, "use the wand movement and incantation and try to disarm your partner.
Okay and GO!"
"EXPELLIARMUS" the whole right half of the class shouted as they waved their wands.
From 3 of the 12 teams the wand flew out of the hand of the receiver of the spell.
At 5 teams nothing happened an the other 4 the receivers wand almost was out of his/her hand but they kept hold of it.
"Well done all of you." Said Harry. "This is a very good first try. Even 3 of you got the wand out of your partner's hand very good. Now we change the side so the ones at my left will cast the spell and on the right will receive it. Ok everybody got his wand back?"
All but 1 boy showed their wand.
"Mr. Weaver you got your wand?" Harry asked the boy.
"No sir it rolled under the tables and I can't get it." Mr. Weaver told Harry
"That's no problem." Said Harry. "Accio mr. Weaver's wand." Harry said the spell and pointed his wand to the desks. To the students amazement the could see the wand fly from under all the tables and straight into Harry's hand.
"Wow that is wicked," said one of the students. "Could you teach us that one sir."
"No I can not." Said Harry as he walked over to mr. Weaver to give him his wand.
"Awwww please sir." Said a Huffelpuf girl.
"Sorry Mrs. Petite but I can't for 2 reasons. Harry told the girl and the whole class. "The first being that this is a 4th year spell and second I don't think professor Flitwick would like me to teach me his subject because you will learn it in spells. Now on we go everybody ready? Than GO."
Again the class was filled with spells shouted and some wands that got out of their masters hands. When everybody got their wand back it was almost time to go so Harry put the tables back and everybody got back at their seats.
"Are their any questions." Asked Harry when all students were seated.
"Yes Mrs. Petite." Harry said.
"Well sir how come some of us got it at the first go and some didn't even got a single shake out of the others wand?"
"Good question," said Harry, "but what do you think?"
"Well, I think some of us got lucky." She said with a giggle.
"Yes and no," said Harry, "some of you will learn spells faster than others that is normal. You also need to know that a lot of you didn't want to hurt their partners so that is also a reason the spell did not work. You must want it to work for it to work. Now for next lesson I want all of you to read page 30 to 37 about the spell we just learned and be advised I will test some of you."

At that moment the bell rang and the class left.
As the last student left the cat changed into the headmistress of Hogwarts.
"So I must lose some weight? Well Harry I never expected that of you." McGonagall said.
Harry laughed at her. "No not at all Minerva I never said that. You should lose some weight as cat not as person."
McGonagall smiled at him, "Well I think you should read chapters 1 to 5 again on human transfiguration Harry because as you should know the weight of the person can not change even if the form does, but I want to congratulate you on a great first lesson. The students really loved it and I can now see what Hermione and the others meant with you being a great teacher."
"Thanks Minerva that means a lot to me." Said Harry. "I must say I really loved this first lesson but was a little scared at first. I thought the kids wanted to know everything about the fight and Voldemort, but non of them asked about it."
"Well I think those questions will come in time Harry." Said McGonagall with a sad smile, "I must say I think not from the first or second years but more from the older students.
I would like to ask you not to answer any questions from them. The less they know the better."
"Well Minerva you don't have to ask me because I didn't answer any questions from the minister remember so why should I answer any of them?" Harry said with a firm voice.
"I know that Harry," said McGonagall, "but I just wanted to warn you. Also don't go telling people that the should call Voldemort by his name. I know that you do and that we of the order do it but a lot of wizards and witches will never do it because of the fear that his name comes with. I know that Albus told you that about fear of a name etc. but that is not for everybody. Not yet anyway."
"Ok," said Harry, "I will try to remember that. Well I hope you will excuse me because I want to get ready for my next lesson."
At the same moment they heard the third years enter the class room.
Harry quickly went to his office to get his books for this lesson and to get a trunk with a  boggart because he wanted to do this as a tribute to Lupin. 
Minerva saw Harry walk in with a large trunk floating in front of him and looked at him with a curious look.
"Harry what is that?" She asked him just as the trunk made a small jump.
"Well this is a boggart," said Harry, "but don't spoil the surprise for the students.
It is a tribute, but don't tell them." He added as he looked at the class.
"This is the first lesson he taught us and well I just thought it would be nice to do the same." Harry looked around the class. "Settle down all of you." Harry said with a slight raised voice. Minerva looked at him with a lot of sympathy.
"You really loved him didn't you." She said to him.
"Yeah I did, but please excuse me I have a class to teach." Harry said.
Minerva left the classroom and as she closed the door behind her she could see Sirius standing just out of sight.
"Well well it looks like I am not the only one who is curious about the youngest teacher Hogwarts has ever seen." She smiled at Sirius and walked over to him.
"How did he do?" He just asked. 
"He did great Sirius, He is a natural," Minerva said, "he had some first years to get used to the idea but well I think that the third years he has now would be more of a challenge for him as a first lesson."
Sirius looked at her. "I could see him bring in a trunk do you know what is in it?"
"Yeah I do but I don't think you want to know." Minerva replied.
"It is a boggart isn't it, he is making it a tribute isn't he? Minerva am I right?" Sirius looked at her with what looked like fear in his eyes. 
"If you know what he is doing Sirius why do you ask me?" Was all Minerva could say.
"I knew it." Said Sirius. "We should have seen this coming. Why didn't Albus warn us about this, he knew Harry better than any of us. We must stop this now. We can not have Voldemort come back in front of those students."
"Sirius stop," said Minerva, "I already knew this would happen because Albus did warn me about it. He also told me it would be good for him to do this, because he can get some closure on some stuff he didn't had the chance to do the last few months. And no the boggart will not turn into Voldemort. You know what it will turn into don't you?" She asked. Sirius shook his head as he had no idea what it would turn into if not into Voldemort. "It will turn into a dementor like it always has. Like Remus told Harry than, I will tell you now. Harry's fear is fear itself. He has been trough a lot and he doesn't scares easy. Now let him teach his class en lets get some coffee."