Chapter 26 Something Forgotten

AN/

WOW finally I can upload this new chapter.

My internet has been down for a almost 2 weeks and well I hope to get chap 27 out soon.

I love to hear from you.

Enjoy 

End AN/ 

Chapter 26 Something forgotten

As the four friends walked towards breakfast the next morning Harry thought about the feast. He than remembered that he wanted to talk to Hermione about Ron and Ginny's Christmas presents. 

"Hermione can you come by my office after lunch please I need your help with something for my lessons." he asked her.
Hermione looked at him as Harry never asked for help when it came to his lessons.
"Sure Harry." She said, she kept looking at him for a hint but he didn't gave one.
"Are we not good enough?" Ginny teased him.
"Well," said Harry, "it is always nice to have the help of the brightest witch of our age.
Not the prettiest" He whispered in Ginny's ear which made her blush.
"You got yourself out of this one Potter but be on your guard." Ginny said in a fake angry voice. Harry kissed Ginny goodbye and walked towards the teachers table.
On his way he was stopped by Malfoy.
"I tell you this as a fellow student." he started, "I still believe they made a mistake in making you a teacher, but I understand it. I heard you do know your stuff and therefore I want to congratulate you with your job."
Harry was speechless. "Thank you." Was all he could say. Malfoy turned around and went to his table for breakfast. Harry stood there for a while and than also went to get some breakfast.
"What did young Mr. Malfoy had to say?" Asked Minerva McGonagall.
"He wanted to congratulate me on my job. He told me he didn't like it but he understood why I was asked." Harry said still not believing it himself what just happened. 
"No jokes Harry. What did he want." Minerva said to him.
Harry looked at her and said. "I am not joking. He really said that to me. He was even smart enough to tell me he said it as a fellow student. So I guess that little chat we had with his parents was an eye opener for him."
"So he knew he needed to address you as a student to get not into trouble. So he is smart in that way but did he mean it or was he testing you." Said McGonagall thoughtfully.
"I don't know." Harry said. "I do know I don't want to think that way. He needs time to heal and he needs time to get his thoughts in order and his life back on track. We as teachers or students need to support him in that and not put his words in doubt."
McGonagall looked proud at Harry. "When did you get so wise?" She said with a smile. "You make an old woman proud that she may call you her friend."
"Thank you." Harry said. "That means a lot to me."
"I mean it Harry," McGonagall said to him. "You have grown so much already this year alone that it is wonderful to see."
Harry smiled at her and didn't know what to say. They talked about the feast of the prior evening and at the had an enjoying breakfast. After breakfast Harry went to his office to meet with Hermione.
"All right Harry what is the real problem because you can fool Ron and Ginny but not me. You never asked for my help so why now?"
Harry laughed. "Nothing gets past you is it?" He said.
"No I don't need your help with my lessons because that is my problem and not yours, but I do have a question for you and I hope you can help me. I want to take Ginny on a holiday with Christmas but I don't have any idea what for locations are used for these kind of trips."
Hermione smiled at the thought.
"That is a wonderful thought Harry but first I would ask Molly what she would think about it that. I don't think she will like it when you two are away with Christmas."
"Well we could go on the 27th and return on the 30th I know it is short but for a city trip it would be perfect I think." Harry said in return. "I will ask Molly if she can agree with that but I need to get a great and well Magical place to go to."
"What do you have in mind?" Hermione asked him.
"Well I don't think Ginny would like something to city like, but I don't know any place where we could go. I would love to go to Paris but I think she will think I want to propose to her. I know I want to marry her but not right now."
Hermione laughed out loud at this. "If you get Molly to let you go than I think I know the perfect place, but it will cost you a lot of gold I am afraid." She said to Harry.
"Well the gold is not the problem," Said Harry, "getting Molly to let us go will be. But please don't say anything to Ron or Ginny. If Ron knows Ginny will find out because Ron will let is slip by accident and I don't want her to know."
"I won't say anything to either one of them, said Hermione to reinsure Harry, "I think it is wonderful you are doing something like this."
What Harry did not tell her was that she and Ron would be coming along for the trip.
He walked over to Minerva's office to talk to her about this.
He knocked at her door and waited for her "come in" and walked in.
"Harry what a surprise. What can I do for you?" She asked.
"Well I want to ask if I could go to see Molly and Arthur for a surprise for Ginny?" Harry asked her shyly.
"Harry you are also a teacher and that means that if you want to leave the school you don't need to ask me every time. Yes I know you are also a student," She said as she saw Harry taking a breath to interrupt her with that. "but that doesn't mean that you don't have all privilege that a teacher has so if you need to leave the school in the weekend you can do that. Keep in mind that it must be in the weekend but other than that there is no problem."
Harry smiled at her. "Thank you Minerva. I will contact them right away and be on my way."
Harry left and went back to his office.  In his office was a red head waiting for him.
"Why didn't you come back with Hermione after your little chat. I hoped to see my boyfriend today but somehow I cant seem to get a hold of him. After breakfast he runs of with another girl and when that girl comes back he is nowhere to be found." Ginny said with a played sad voice. Harry walked over to her and took her in his arms. "You poor girl," He said mocking her, "I would ditch him if I were you and take me instead I would never do that to you."
She smiled at him. "I love you Harry." She said as she kissed him.
"I love you too Gin." Harry said as he kissed her back. "I would love to spend the whole day and night with you but I need to get some work done. I have some work to get checked so I am sorry but I hope only an evening is enough for this weekend."
Ginny looked at him and smiled.
"I know that you are busy so yes it is enough. But after diner you are mine you hear." After that she kissed him and left his office. Harry walked over to the fireplace and took some floopowder that as standing in a green jar on the mantelpiece. Before he put his head in the green flames he said "The burrow".
He than could see the kitchen from his most favorite place beside Hogwarts. The house of Molly and Arthur.

He could see Molly sitting on the kitchen table.
"Hello Molly." He said.
Molly jumped at his voice. "Oh Harry it is you." She said. But than it occurred to her that Harry never had called before. "What is wrong?" She asked scared of the terrible news she was expecting. "Is it Ron or Ginny?"
"No, no," Said Harry, "everything is fine I was just wondering if I could come over for a small visit. I have something to ask." he said.
"Off course you can come you silly boy. I will call Arthur and we can have a cup of coffee." Molly told him.
Harry pulled his head out off the fire and placed a charm on the corridor outside his office to warn him that if Ginny, Ron or Hermione would enter it he would know and he would have enough time to get back. He than took again some floopowder and went to the Burrow. When Harry stepped out of the fire he was taking in a bone crushing hug by Molly.
"Don't you do that ever again." She said to him. "You never have to ask if you can come over. You are always welcome here you know that Harry. You scared me, when you just made the floo-call I thought there was something wrong." She said to him.
"Sorry about that Molly," Said Harry he never had this before that he was always welcome. "but I am still used to the muggle ways and there we always called ahead to check if we could come over. Not that my uncle and aunt took me to see friends but well that is not the point."
"Hello Harry." Said Arthur who just walked in. "I thought I heard your voice. How is Hogwarts and do you like it to be a teacher there now?" Arthur asked him when the shook hands.
"It is great," Harry said, than he started talking about his lessons and well on how life was as a teacher and how much he liked it. Molly had made some coffee for the three of them and when she sat down harry looked at them and knew he needed to ask what he wanted to ask. "Well the reason I came here is that I wan to take Ron, Hermione and Ginny on a small trip when we are here for the holidays. I was thinking about a three day trip between Christmas and new year so we would be here for both holidays." Arthur and Harry both looked at Molly. They both knew how much she wanted the family together over the Holidays and that is why Harry told her that they would be back to spend them with them.
"Do you know where you want to go?" She asked.
"Yes and no," Said Harry truthfully, "as I didn't know any locations or these kind of small trips I asked Hermione to help me. She doesn't know that they will also be coming but well she said that she knew a great place near Paris. I told her that I would love to go to Paris with Ginny but I was afraid that Ginny would expect me proposing to her there. So I asked if Hermione knew a great place and well that was muggle but still Magical. She hasn't told me yet where it is but I do know that if Hermione thinks Ginny likes it that it must be good."
"But when you leave you won't be here for Christmas?" Molly asked as she didn't hear the dates. She heard Harry wanted to take a trip with the holliday's and she felt a bit hartbrokken about it.
"We will be here for Christmas, don't worry about that. I want to leave on the 27th and be home on the 30th so we would also be here for the new year." Harry reassured her.
"When you promise me that you will be back before New year and leave after Christmas than I agree." She said to both mens surprise.
"Thank you Molly." Harry said, "and yes I promise that we will be back on the 30th of December and that we will leave after Christmas. Don't worry."
They drank another cup of coffee and Harry than had to go.
He had now only a month to get all things arranged for his trip. He could not wait for it to happen. So he went straight to Gringotts to get some muggle money.
After he got this he went back to Hogwarts to talk to Hermione again.
He spend the most of the day with Ginny and he loved it, he didn't thought about the talk he needed with Hermione he just thought about Ginny.
He never thought he would miss her so much as he did when he was sitting at the teachers table and she was sitting with his friends at the Griffindor table, but he knew that it was only for this year because she would leave Hogwarts at the end of this one.
The weekend was over far to soon for Harry's liking and it was back to teaching and learning again.
Monday in the afternoon Harry waited for Ginny and the others in front of the transfiguration classroom.
When he could see them he felt something was wrong. He looked around to see what was wrong but could not see anything.
He knew he had to act because his friends were in danger. "I need to focus." he thought "I need to see who or what is planning a attack."
Than just a few feet away from him he could see a spell being lifted and there stood Pansy Parkinson. "Hello Pansy," Harry said, "what lovely to SEE you."
Pansy just let out a scream as she did not think anybody could see her.
She turned to Harry wand raised.
She had forgotten about the other three who were in the corridor so she never knew what hit her when 2 disarming spells and 1 stunner hit her.
"Harry." Ginny screamed as she ran towards him, "are you alright."
"I am fine, I am fine." Harry assured her. Ginny hugged Harry and didn't let him go. They bounded Pansy and Ron was send to get McGonagall. Harry waited with Ginny and Hermione by his side all three wands out and at the ready. The corridor was now packed with the other students and some teachers who came checking what all the commotion was. Ron had returned with McGonagall beside him and she didn't looked happy. Put your wands away now, she snapped at Harry and the two girls. They did as they were told and Harry went with her to get some information from Pansy. Before he followed Minerva he told his friends that he needed to talk to them about something. When Malfoy came into view of Ron he turned to him.
"So you think that if you can't do us harm anymore you let your old girlfriend do the dirty work." Malfoy looked stunned.
"You leave him alone." Said a small boy. "It is okay Damien." said Malfoy, "He doesn't know what he is saying and I would think the same thing."
"But Draco," The small boy called Damien began, "you didn't do anything."
Ron than recognized the small boy. It was Damien Baylay. What would that nice boy do with scum like Malfoy and how in Merlin's name would Malfoy allow that small boy to call him by his first name.
"Come on Damien let me get you to your class. I know Professor Longbottom doesn't like it when you are late."
The two boys left the crowd and went towards the entrance hall to go to the greenhouses.
"What just happened?" Ron asked out loud.
"I think you really accused the wrong man." said Ginny. "I don't think Malfoy had anything to do with it, he looked really shocked when you confronted him."
"Well I would also be shocked when the intended target gets away." Ron said. "AUW"
Hermione had slapped him over the head.
"You are impossible sometimes you know that." She said as she walked past him and entered the classroom. All the teachers had started to hush everybody to their classes and soon everything looked as nothing had happened.
When Harry and Minerva entered the hospital wing Madam Pomfrey came out of her office.
"What happened." She asked as she could see them hovering a stunned and bound Pansy.
"She used some kind of spell to get invisible and wanted to attack Ron, Hermione or Ginny." Harry said. "When the spell lifted I said hello to her and she wanted to hex me but well the other three were faster. She is hit by 2 disarming spell and a stunner."
"In what order?" Madam Pomfrey asked.
"First the disarming spells than the stunner." Harry said.
"Good," said the nurse, "than I don't have any trouble reviving her. Why did you bring her here, you could have done it in any place."
"I know," Said Minerva, "but this was the best place for some privacy. Also I know you still have a flask of vertiserum here and I want you to get it for me."