Chapter 34 Christmas at the Potters

AN/ 

Thanks all of you for the comments. I love hearing from you.

This is the first of the Christmas chapters. I didn't plan it like this but so much is happening that I thought it would be wise to split the chapter.

The second chapter will come asap so don't worry. We can't have Christmas in August now can we.(LOL) Please leave a comment and a vote. Also if you know other Potter lovers let them read the story.

Happy reading.

Paterdave2

End AN/

Chapter 34 Christmas at the Potters

None of them spoke. Hermione thought they were being pranked and finally spoke. 

"Harry what are you saying. I told you in the car I have been here before with my parents. So what is this for bad joke. There is no Potter manor this is Burghley House." When the elves heard her one of them walked over to Harry. "Master Harry why is the Miss saying that this not issis Potter Manor. We elves have served Potter family for centuries in thisses manor." The elf looked at Hermione with a look that challenged her to tell the elf otherwise. "Hermione I know that you are the brightest witch in our year. So think for a while about it and you know the answer." Harry said.  

He looked at her and could see she was thinking about it. Harry loved it to see that Hermione was thinking and trying to put it together, when he finally thought it was enough he could see she was putting it together. 

"All of what is told is made up and all traces of magic are taken out of the house." Hermione said. "Almost" Said Harry. "The manor has it's own magic that let muggles enter it and see the Burghley house. Well that was until today. Because now I have claimed it again as Potter Manor it will be erased from everybody's memory and all old wards and ancient magic is back in place. You will also see that the interior will look different than the last time you were here." Harry walked over to Hermione and whispered in her ear. "I think you need to apologize to some elves." 

He turned to the others. "Shall we go in." They all went inside. When they entered the manor all their jaws dropped. They entered in a big hallway with in the back a big staircase that split-up halfway up to the left and right. When they looked up they could see there was a balcony that went all the way over the length of the hallway. On the balustrade and on the guardrail the could see garlands hanging all the way round. 

On both sides of the stair was a Christmas tree.  

They all looked at Harry. "If this is only the hallway I wonder what the rest of the house will be." Ron said with envy. Harry looked pleased at the hallway. He had been here 1 time before to see it as he had read about it in the papers he had been given some time ago by a goblin of Gringotts but he never expected that the house would change so much when he claimed it back as Potter manor. 

He could see that Hermione was thinking something in the same way. 

"Yes this was the main ballroom" he said to her. "or at least I think it was." he added. 

"Harry this is wonderful." was the only thing Hermione could say. 

Harry looked at the elves who were all standing at the side looking uneasy that all their hard word had been given so much praise in front of them. 

Harry walked over to them. "Who is the elf who knows the manor the best?" he asked. 

All elves stepped back and an old female elf was standing alone in front of Harry. 

He knelt down. "Hi there," He said to the elf. " what is your name?" He than asked. 

"My nameses is Vivian but master Jamses calles me Granny." the elf squeaked. At the mentioning of Harry's father he looked sad at the elf. "I am afraid Master James and Mistress Lilly have past away" He said with pain in his hart. "I am Harry their son. I will call you Vivian if thats alright with you. Or you must want me to call you Granny." At the news that her former masters had been dead the elf looked hart broken. "Master Harry can callses Vivian as he chooses." The elf said. Harry looked at her. All of the elves looked at him sitting there on one knee talking to the elderly elf as she was an equal of him. "What would you like than?" he asked. Vivian was shocked by this and looked scared around at the other elves. Never in her long life had a wizard asked her what she had wanted. She looked at Harry if he was trying to trap her in a way that could end up in clothing her so he would be done with her. She looked at him and could see the green eyes she knew so well from her former mistress, and could see he was not trying anything and really wanted to know what she wanted. "Me is always liking howes master James has calles me Granny. Can you calles me that please?" she asked with her head bowed and a low voice so that Harry almost didn't get that.