Chapter 14 George

Chapter 14 George

When Harry came back George was still sitting where he had left him.
He looked shattered but well what did Harry expect.
He walked over to George and hugged him.
"I also miss him George but this is not the way." Harry said.
"What do you mean?" Asked George.
"You shut us out," Said Harry.
"When did you cry for him? Did you even cry? Don't keep the anger inside you George it will eat you alive."
"ANGER!" Yelled George, "What do you know about anger. You who has everything. What do you know about loss, about pain, about grieve? Why could you not save him. You saved the whole world but not him WHY!!!!!!"
Tears were falling from George's eyes and Harry had the impression it was the first time since the battle that George cried.
"You the chosen one, the one who defeated Voldemort but you won't even help my brother who had given everything for you."
"I know a great deal about lose." Said Harry in a low voice. "Yes I was the chosen one. Yes I was the one who defeated Voldemort. What was the price I paid for that.
Well lets count.
My father DIED protecting me and my mother.
My mother DIED in front of me protecting me.
I lived my live with a family who didn't want me and abused me.
I saw my godfather DIE in front of me because I was to stupid to listen to people who thought before they leaped.
The man I love like a grandfather DIED in front of me because he believed in me.
My Godson's parents DIED in a battle because I was not fast enough to prevent it.
The brother of my best friend and the girl I love DIED because I was not fast enough to prevent it." Harry was starting to talk louder and louder as he summed up all the points to George.
"DO I NEED TO GO ON OR DO YOU GET THE POINT." He finally screamed.
George just sat there after Harry's final outburst.
"George," Harry said in a normal voice again, "I don't blame you for being angry with me, but don't lay all the blame on me. It was Voldemort who attacked the school an it was on his orders that Fred died, he didn't want any prisoners. I am sorry for the loss we all feel but like you told me, I am not sorry for the way he died. It was the way he wanted to go you told me that yourself. Yes it hurts. It hurts a lot." Harry looked at George and he knew he was right.
"I want to ask you something. Did you put the picture of Fred in the window because you saw us walking in the street or has it been there all the time since you reopened the store?"
George look caught in the act.
"How did you know I placed it there just this afternoon?" George asked.
"I was so angry that you were all there shopping and having fun that I wanted to hurt you."
Harry had thought that was the case when he walked in because of the way George was talking to Molly and was happy and sad he was right.
"You did hurt us George. But most of all you hurt your mother. You didn't think about that did you?" Harry said and George shook his head. He had not thought it through how it would affect Molly.
"I explained to her that yes she lost a son, but you lost your other half, am I right? You don't feel whole anymore since Fred died."
George looked scared. How could this boy know how he felt.
He had felt empty inside since that awful day and they all did like it was a miracle that only one of the family died.
"Why did it had to be Fred," He said in a low voice, "why him and not me?"
"How do you think he would have felt if it was you and not him?" Harry's question brought George back to reality.
"Believe me George when I say that I also loved him like he was my own brother just like I love you like that."Harry said.
"It hurts me to see all the pain in this wonderful family. Don't shut them out George. You need them and they need you. Yes you are right in saying that this shop always was and always will be a part of Fred, but it also always was and always will be a part of you, just like Fred always will be a part of you."
George now cried like he never had cried before. Tears were falling freely and Harry walked over and just comforted him.
"I am Sorry Harry," said George after a little while, "I forgot what you had been through and what you have lost. You should be the one who is angry not me."
"George listen very carefully I will say this only once," Said Harry in a very strong voice. "Never, and I mean Never say you sorry because of what I have lost. It is like you said They did what they wanted to do and died believing in that. Don't you ever again say you are sorry about that because than their deaths including that of Fred would mean nothing to you."
George was struck by the meaning of Harry's words and grabbed him for support.
"Thank you Harry. Thank you." Harry hugged George back and both men cried.
After a few minutes they looked at each other and started to laugh. "Look at us," Said George, "Two great war heroes we are crying like babies."
"Well I think we needed it both, but are you ready for the rest of the world." asked Harry.
"Yeah I think I am, Thank you Harry I really needed someone to understand me, and I am sorry for the things I said." George replied.
"Drop it George," Said Harry. "You said those things in anger. I don't blame you. Shall we let the rest of the family in or do you want to meet them out there."
"No not out there please," Said George, "My mother will just hug me to death and I want to die in private thank you very much."
Both men laughed at this remark at the cost of Mrs. Weasley but as Harry knew all to well her bone crushing hugs were famous between her children.
"Okay I will get them then." Harry said.

"Harry wait," Said George, "Could you let my mother in first please. I want to talk to her alone, well with you as a guard that is."
"Okay." Said Harry, with a smile around the lips. He walked over to the door and opened it. He walked over to Mrs. Weasley and told her that George wanted to talk to her alone first, so they left the rest and walked back to the back room. When Mrs. Weasley and Harry were back and the door was closed again George started to speak. 

"Mom, I want to say something and please hear me out before you start to talk. So no interruptions."
Mrs. Weasley just nodded at her son as to say she won't say anything until he was done.
George started.
"When the battle of Hogwarts was over and I saw Fred laying in that room with all the others who didn't make it I felt like there was a part of me laying there.
We got home and buried him but I felt like I was burying a half of myself.
The problem is that I never can forget him.
He looks at me when I look in the mirror, he is there all the time.
You all went on with your lives and handled his loss but I couldn't because he was always with me. Where ever I went he went with me. It seemed that you all just didn't see it. So when I saw you all here in the street I went mental and put his picture in the window, just to hurt you like I was hurting all the time. I am sorry for that, but I didn't know what to do anymore. It was like you all had forgotten about him. I hope you are not mad at me?" George finished. He looked at his mother who had started crying at the point he said he buried the half of him.
She just walked over to him and hugged him.
"How could you think that?" Was all she asked.
"I could never forget him. Yes you are right in thinking we never thought about it from your point of view,"
George wanted to reply but his mother hold up her hand.
"No George now it is my turn to talk and yours to listen. Like I said we didn't look at it from your point of view, but you also never talked to us about it. Your father and me thought you were handling all things well, and were so proud of you when you reopened the store.
Please George believe me when I say that we had no idea of how you were feeling.
When your father and me walked up to the store I was so shocked to see the picture of Fred in the window I felt heartbroken. It felt like I lost him all over again.
I understand what you did and no I am not mad at you. I think it is not you who need to apologizes but me and your father for not seeing how you were hurting, but please never shut us out again. We missed you George, and we hope you will be home more often from now on."
She hugged him and George hugged her back.
"I love you mom." He said.
"I love you to George and don't you ever forget that." Was all Mrs. Weasley could say.

They turned around to Harry who was standing by the door.
"Well Harry thanks again," said George. "but I think we could let the rest in now."
Harry opened the door and Ginny walked in as the first.
She walked over to George and slapped him on the top of his head and than hugged him. The rest of the afternoon they remained in the store. Minerva walked over to Harry and handed him the books. Harry smiled at her and thanked her for helping out.
She looked at him with a look he never had seen on her.
"You made a headmistress proud this afternoon. The way you handled this was great and I now know that teaching is the right choice for you. I do hope you will stay a very long time but like I said I will never stop you from becoming an Auror." She said. Harry blushed at all this praise. "Thank you Minerva, this means a lot to me." He said.
She smiled at Harry and said. "Well I must be leaving now. I will see you again soon."
They said their goodbye's and Minerva left the family to spent some time alone