Chapter 12 The three broomsticks

The next few days past without problems or anything interesting happening which Harry found relaxing for once

Harry went to Hogwarts and back to prepare for his first year as a teacher and when he came out at the fire of now Headmistress McGonagall's office on Saturday he saw Sirius standing there waiting for him. 

"Hello," he said, "what a surprise. What's up Sirius?"

"Well, I just wanted to see you pup, I hadn't got a change to talk to you for a while and even last Thursday was well chaotic." Sirius said to Harry
"You can say that again," said Harry, "but what was it you wanted to talk about?"
"Well two things to be exact, said Sirius.
"First thing is that I don't need your room now that I have my magic back I can help with the reconstruction with my old house and it will be ready before the first of September. Don't give me the puppy eyes pup, you know I would love the idea of being here but I do need a home of my own." The last part Sirius said with laughter.
"Second I don't know if it's a good idea if I come along on Monday." That las part was said with a lot of regret.
"What!" Said Harry in shock, "You won't come? But why I was so looking forward to finally go shopping with you because we never could and now after all these years we could and now you don't want to?"
"Now Harry but I don't think it is wise because a lot of people would be terrified if they saw me coming down the street." Sirius started explaining. "I don't want to be the main event and course any trouble for you. I really wanted to come you know but when I thought about it I think it is better if I stay at home." Sirius concluded.
"So your scared of what people may think is that it?" Said Harry. "I never thought you to be the scared one Sirius and just want to leave again." After that he ran out of the office. 

Harry didn't look back when Sirius called his name but just ran down the stairs and out of the castle.
He walked towards the lake and sat under the tree that he and Ron and Hermione always sat under when they did their homework.
He sat there for 15 minutes when someone walked out of the castle and came towards him without Harry noticing. 

"Harry? What's wrong love?" Came the voice of Ginny.
"Ginny what are you doing here?" He asked her, "What's going on?"
"Well Sirius floo-called us after you had run out of the office and didn't return." Ginny said to him
"They looked in your office and the common-room they couldn't find you so he called us. Hermione thought I could find you here and well I am here to talk to you."
She sat beside he and took Harry in her arms.
"I don't know why but Sirius wants to leave me again. I can not go through that again Ginny I just can't." Harry said with tears in his eyes. "I just got him back and now he want's to leave again. "
"But Harry, you knew he would go back to London when the house was rebuild. He just wants to help them so he can finally start over again." Said Ginny. "You of all people should understand what it means to get a chance at a normal life. How many times have you not told me that you wished for the simple fact that you weren't Harry Potter the boy who lived but just Harry Potter. Sirius is getting that chance and you are mad at him for wanting to take it?"

"No I am not mad at him for taking his chance." Said Harry. "I am mad at him because he doesn't even want to come to Diagon Alley on Monday. Thinks he scares the people away or that people will attack him or whatever crap story he comes up with. We could finally go shopping and Mr. I might scare people now doesn't want to. He would have loved to come and shop with me when he was on the run just for the fun of it but now he is a free man he is scared of what the people might do or think."

Ginny started to laugh.
"It isn't funny Gin," Said Harry, "I really was looking forward to this."
"I know love, I know," Ginny said. "but you are here sitting like a little kid crying because he didn't get the toy he wanted for his birthday. Also I talked to Sirius about this. He says that he hasn't been cleared yet so he can't come because people will attack him at sight. He talked about it with McGonagall and she also was shocked he wasn't cleared because the war was over and everybody knew now that Sirius was on the good side and it was wormtail who betrayed your parents."
"Well than they need to clear him on Monday so we can go shopping on Tuesday."Harry said in reply.
"That isn't that simple love." Ginny explaint. "They need at least a month to investigate and stuff and then interview Sirius but than we would already be at school so we need those books by the time he is cleared."
"But how in Merlin's name does he want to help rebuilding Grimauld Place if he isn't cleared."Harry asked Ginny.
"Good point pup I never thought about that one." Said Sirius Ginny and Harry looked up at him.
"I can't come with you but that doesn't mean I don't want to. I really wanted to come pup believe me but I am not cleared yet so people might attack me or call the aurors and than we have bigger problems. When I think of what you just said than you are right to say I can't help them rebuilding my old home but I can stay here for the year, but when I am cleared I will return to my own home deal? Sirius asked Harry
"Deal!" said Harry. His spirit lifted a lot after this and he looked up at Ginny and Sirius and said.
"Well Sirius do you mind if I take Ginny to Hogsmeade for a drink at the three broomsticks?"
"Well pup in fact I do." Said Sirius to Harry's surprise. "You only can go if I can tag along, because did you really think that I would stay inside all day here at the castle, the people in Hogsmeade know I am here and they are good with it." 
Harry got up and helped Ginny up which was than joked about by Sirius and the three started walking down the grounds to the gate and towards the town.
When they entered Madam Rosmerta looked up and smiled at them.
They ordered 2 butterbeers for Harry and Ginny and a firewhiskey for Sirius.
When she brought them their drinks she smiled once again but this time more directly at Sirius. Harry's keen eye had naturally seen this and when Madam Rosmerta was back at the bar he hummed the the song "Love Is In The Air" from John Paul Young.
Sirius recognized the song and bursts out laughing loudly.
"Well pup," he said," I can't say that you see things that aren't there but well that is a different story."
Harry looked at Sirius and smiled, he leaned over and said in a whisper to him. "What about a double wedding?"
He ducked out of the way fast as Sirius wanted to smack him on the head.
They were laughing and talking for 30 minutes when 2 men and 2 women walked in.