Chapter Twenty-Two

Y/N's POV

I felt shifting in my arms and I slowly opened my eyes to see Rosie moving around trying to get comfortable. I let out a quiet laugh and she snapped her head up to see that I was awake. She got all shy and looked down, but I lifted her chin up so she could look me in the eyes.

"Do you want to try and tell me what happened or do you just want to leave it? I'm fine with either, I just don't want to force you to say anything if you don't want to." I said looking into her eyes. I saw her eyes start the well up with tears again and I automatically brought her back close to me.

"Ok, so no talking about it. That's completely fine. Just remember that I'm here for you, okay? You're not alone in whatever is happening. Jennie, Jisoo, and Lisa are all there for you also. Well, I'm here for you right now because you're here at my house. But they're like here metaphorically, ya know? Like you can feel their presence or somethin–" My words faded as she lifted her left hand to caress my face, a soft smile on her lips,

"You ramble when you're nervous," she chuckled, "it's cute." We stayed like that for what felt like 20 years, but in actuality it was only a minute. Something changed in her eyes and she looked like she came to a realization of some sort. She sat up, still on top of my lap, and breathed out,

"My dad, Friday night during my parents anniversary dinner went to the bathroom with a lady to do heroin and cocaine. He took lethal doses and had to go to the ER. That's why my parents weren't home when we woke up Saturday morning. My mother told me everything last night and this morning at 6 we went to go see him," there were tears in her eyes threatening to fall, "there were doctors and staff rushing in and out of his room. His heart was giving up and they needed a crash cart. They were able to keep him alive, but he's still in critical condition. I needed a breather and I just ended up here." She said, wiping the tears away with the back of her hand.

"Oh Rosie," I said sadly, "I cant imagine what you're feeling right now. I knew something was bothering you last night but I didn't want to force anything. So thank you for trusting me enough to tell me this. Did he uh... just take them that one night?" I asked hesitantly. She shook her head,

"No, he's been doing them for two fucking months behind our backs because 'he needed to escape from reality'", she said using air quotes. Her voice was getting louder and her body was become tense, "he knew that we would be there for him but he didn't fucking trust his family and decided to do drugs that could fucking kill him!" She yelled, letting her anger finally out. She balled her fists and had hot tears spilling down her cheeks, but she didn't even care. She was broken from the inside and I didn't know what I could do to make her feel better. She got up and starts to pace around my room, mumbling things to herself. I watched her in silence as I was trying to figure out what my next move should be. A lightbulb lit up and I got an idea.

I saw when I opened the door this morning for her that she was wearing my hoodie, which was adorable. So I'm guessing that she finds comfort in it. I got up from my bed and walked over to where she was pacing back and forth and. When she turned around to walk back the direction she came, she ran into me. She mumbled a sorry and tried to walk around me, but I wouldn't let her get passed me. She grew angry and looked up at me with a hard glare. I knew if this were under different circumstances, I would be terrified, but I knew she was just hurting.

I reached my hands behind her head to where the hood of the hoodie has located and gently brought it up to sit on her head. She looked shocked at my actions and stayed silent. I gave her a smile brushed the few loose strands of hair behind her ear. I then pulled the strings every so slightly so it would fit snug and tied them together. I felt brave and decided to kiss her on the forehead when she wasn't passed out in my arms sleeping. It was soft and gentle and I pulled back slowly, looking into her eyes again,

"I know you're having a bad few days. But I see that my hoodie is something you really like," I said lightly, "so, whenever you feel like the world is against you, wear it. I thought that it'd be nice if you were fully absorbed by it, so I pull the hood up for you." I said shyly because I wasn't sure if she was okay with it. I saw her eyes sparkle with care, adoration, and dare I say it, love. She looked like she was just given the world, but all I did was give her my hoodie.

"So Roseanne Park, you can keep this very special hoodie of mine. I think it'll have a nice new home with you." I stated, smiling at her. Next thing I knew she got me in a bear hug, squeezing me ever so slightly and kept whispering 'thank you's' over and over. I of course reciprocated the hug and said a 'you're welcome' into her ear. She then pulled back and gave me a kiss on the cheek dangerously close to my lips. I felt my face heat up and looked away trying to control my smile.

Rosie's POV

I wanted to kiss her so bad in that moment, but I didn't want her to think that it was just because I was emotional and not in the right head space. So I opted for a kiss right next to her lips instead. I felt a whole field of butterflies erupt in my stomach and my fears and sadness were slowly washing away because of her. She gave me her hoodie and even that made me fall for her more. Hell, I've already fallen off the cliff a long time ago. She coughed and tried to seem not flustered by the kiss.

"So uh, do you want breakfast or anything? Also, you should text your mother that you're okay because she's probably worried about you right now."

"Shoot, you're right. I didn't tell her I was going to come here. Well I didn't know I'd end up here either, but that's besides the point. Actually, I think I should head back to the hospital. I'll text her and get an Uber to take me." I said pulling out my phone.

"Wait! Uh, I can just give you a ride in my car. I'll just let my mother know I'll be gone for a little. I promise it isn't an inconvenience, I just want you to get there safe." He hurriedly said. I nodded my head in approval,

"Ok, you can drive me I guess. Also, when did you get your license?" I was curious as we were the same age and Lisa didn't have hers.

"Well I got it right when I turned 16. I don't drive that much because everything is close by and it's nice to walk. My birthday is January 12th, if you were wondering. So I'm a January baby along with Jensoo."

"Oh really? So you're older than me huh? Only by less than a month though. But I'm confused, how are we in the same grade as them? They are a year older than us" I asked, genuinely confused.

"Oh, Lisa and I just started school a year earlier. And I'm guessing you did the same in Australia, considering you're also in junior year with us. Or whatever grade you were in back there was the same level as junior year here. My mother just wanted me to start school early because I was already smarter than kids my age. And I guess Lisa was too, I don't know. I feel like her parents wanted to get
rid of her as soon as possible. So yeah, we are a year younger than them, but still in the same grade as them."

"Oh ok, that makes sense. My parents did start me a year early." I said as that memory hit me.

"Yeah, so the three of us are the youngest in the grade. It's kinda weird, but I've gotten used to it," She shrugged, "anyway, enough talk about school, let's get going okay?"

"Okay." I said as I reached for her hand, intertwining our fingers.

——————————————————————————
Here's another chapter for yall :) this story is already almost at 1k reads... HUH. idk why but thank u all and i hope you enjoyed this chapter <3 hope you have/had a great day!!!