Chapter One Hundred and Six

(a/n: gonna be y'all's fav chapter ;) )

Rosie's POV

I've been at the studio a lot recently and I can tell y/n has been missing me tremendously. I've been missing her an absolute ton as well since she's working the evenings at her job since the morning is for online classes. Really the only time we see each other is in the mornings before I leave and then at night when she gets home at around 8pm. I can tell it's taking a toll on the both of us too.

"Love, I need to stay that late each day because I get to work at like 3pm and it's a five hour shift. I can't go missing a ton of time either because they will take away paying for my college." Y/n explained to me as she cracked her knuckles; a sign that she's anxious and getting annoyed.

"Well I just miss having you around! I come home to an empty apartment and it feels like I'm the only one living here sometimes! We barely have meals together anymore!" I shouted at her, trying to get my point across.

"Oh you miss having me around? Well then how come when I'm absolutely free on the weekends, you insist on spending over 12 hours a day at the fucking studio! I text you throughout the day asking if you want lunch or if you want me to visit you, but you always say I will interrupt your creativity! And during my classes, I check up on you in between them, yet you aren't even acknowledging that right now!"

"I do that extra time on the weekends because that's when my producers are all free and we get a lot of shit done! And yeah, I don't want you around in the studio because you are a distraction! You would interfere with me and my work and I don't need that in my life!" I watched her expression break and become emotionless. I realized the words that I just spewed out of my mouth and instantly regretted it, "Wait–"

"So I'm just a distraction to your work when I want to spend my free time with you?" Y/n said, her voice weakening with every words spoken. I quickly rushed to stand in front of her,

"No no no, that's not what I meant–"

"I'm sorry I care so much about you that you think I'm just a nuisance. I'm sorry I go through college daily because I want a good degree. I'm sorry I go to my job afterwards because I want to have a solid income so I'm not reliant on you financially. I'm sorry I'm working so hard right now because I'm planning for our future." Y/n said angrily at me, looking me dead in the eyes. She stepped back away from me and I felt my heart break more than any moment in my life.

"Babe, I didn't realize you were doing all that for those reasons. I just want you here with me and I realized that's just not going to be realistic," I wanted to continue on, but y/n spoke up with watery eyes,

"I'm putting in all this effort now so I can buy you the perfect ring later; the perfect home; the perfect life. But you just seem to focus on your music. I know it's who you are, but you're forgetting that I'm who you love."

I felt the air get knocked out of me, a huge blow to my gut. A tear slid down her cheek and I felt my own face getting wet by my own tears streaming down. I tried to get closer to my love, but she backed away with every step I took. She finally broke out eye contact as she tried to hold her tears at bay.

"Y/n..." I called out to her desperately, "I love you and everything about you. All the dedication you have to your education, your job, your friends, and me. I was so blinded by my own wants that I completely brushed over yours. I completely and utterly failed you as your other half recently," my voice broke as I continued, "I know music has been my passion since I was a little girl, but your more important than that. And I've been really shitty at showing you that."

I watched as she wiped away the remaining tears away and make eye contact with me again. The pain in her eyes, the dullness in them was absolutely haunting. They looked so lifeless, so broken.