Chapter One Hundred and Twenty-Five

Y/N's POV

My fiancée is off at work again going through some more world tour details. I'm currently at work finalizing a draft for a new system of photovoltaic solar arrays for an up and coming space station. A bunch of my engineers that work under me have also been a huge help about telling me what they can and can't do. IU had been great as well because she has all the connections.

I sent the email out to the company which we are going to be making this for and slumped down in my chair once I saw it was successfully delivered. I let out a big sigh and just took a little mental break which was very much needed at the moment.

But, all peacefully things come to an end.

A knock on my door was heard and since we moved into the new building a while ago, I don't have my glass walls anymore, so I have no clue who's knocking.

"Come in!" I said loudly to make sure whoever knocked could hear me. The door opened and in came Jennie. I was very confused as to why my best friend came over to my work.

"Jennie? What the hell are you doing here?" I asked her. She closed the door and rolled her eyes at me,

"What, your best friend can't com and visit you at work for no reason?"

"No."

"Fair enough because you're right. I want your help with something." I leaned back in my chair,

"I'm listening."

"I want to get Lisa a cat."

Not the favor I was expecting, but I liked it nonetheless. I smiled at my best friend,

"And you want me to help you pick out a cat for her?" Jennie nodded her head,

"Yup! And we are leaving in t-minus 2 minutes." My eyes widened at what she had just told me. I still have 3 more hours of work to do.

"But–"

"I've already told IU. God, do you think I'm stupid." I just stared at her and she got my answer, "bitch."

"Can ya blame me?"

"No, but that's beside the point. Let's go get a cat that hopefully likes dogs because there is no way in hell I'm getting rid of Kuma and Kai." She skipped over to behind my desk and dragged me out of my chair. I was able to shut my computer off before I was taken out of my office.

"Let go of me! It looks like you're trying to kidnap me or something." I whispered harshly at Jennie. She just rolled her eyes at me and told me to get in her car. I huffed out in annoyance and got in the passenger's side.

"To the animal shelter!" And with that, she turned the car on and immediately stepped on the gas. I held onto the handle inside and feared for my life the whole drive there.

"Anddd we're here!" Jennie said happily as she turned the car off. I slowly got out of the car and was thankful that I was still in one piece. That woman scares the shit out of me whenever she drives. That's why I'm always the one driving.

"Great." I said sarcastically. She hit my shoulder and I followed her into the animal shelter. Jennie did all the talking with the staff lady and I just sat back and looked around. I saw some cages with different dogs and cats. If I could, I would adopt each and every single one of them because that's what they deserve.

A hand appeared in front of my face and started snapping. I pushed it away and glared at Jennie,

"You really had to do that?" I grumbled.

"Yeah, now come on you dipshit." I sighed out as I knew I couldn't escape because I didn't have my car. I mean, I could just run, but that takes a lot of effort that I don't have.