Chapter One Hundred and Seventeen

Y/N's POV

Rosie and I welcomed Hank into our lives last night. We wanted to give him a bath so he could sleep in bed with us, but we didn't want to agitate his skin anymore than it already is. So I found an old blanket and the two of us slept on the floor next to Hank in order to keep him company. Hank slept like a rock throughout the night and woke me up because he needed to go outside. I tiredly grabbed his lease and kissed Rosie's forehead as I walked outside with him.

He went to the bathroom and I cleaned up after him. He was now fully awake and all happy, but I know he would become an even bigger ball of energy when he gets treatment for his skin. We entered the apartment and Rosie was still passed out of the floor. I laughed quietly and scooped her up in my arms and carried her to our bed. She moved around in my grasp a little, but settled down on the bed nicely and continued sleeping. I looked at the clock and saw it was 7:19am.

"You woke me up that early?" I whispered to Hank. He just stared at me and I walked out of the bedroom into the living room. Hank followed behind me and I sat down on the floor so he could cuddle up against me. I grabbed my laptop off the coffee table and looked up the nearest vet. I saw one was only down the street and smiled as it also had great reviews.

I decided to feed Hank some of the food Rosie bought and he was a very happy boy while eating breakfast. I sat down and made sure he ate it all and he did, doing a little happy dance at the end. I just smiled as he already reminded me of Rosie.

Speaking of Rosie, I soon heard footsteps approaching us from down the hallway. I looked over to see my sleepy girlfriend smiling tiredly at the two of us on the floor. I patted the ground next to me and she came over and sat down, leaning her head on my shoulder.

"Good morning sleepy head." I said as I kissed the top of her head. She just hummed in response and yawned. I lightly chuckled at her as she watched Hank wander around the living room.

"We need to find a vet today," she said.

"I already found one and it's just down the street. It also had great reviews, so we can go whenever with Hank and get him checked out." I told her. She moved her head around so she was now looking at me and leaned in to give me a kiss. I kissed her back and pulled her close to me. But we were soon interrupted when a fluff ball wanted attention. I pulled away giggling and Rosie huffed out annoyed.

"He's gonna have to know his place." I rolled my eyes at her,

"Are you kidding me Rosie?"

"Nope. When I'm making out with you or when we have sex, he's gonna have to be far away. Because there ain't no way in hell I'm sharing you in those moments."

"I can't with you sometimes." I told her as I stood up and went to the kitchen where I toasted some bagels for breakfast.

"Make me one!" Rosie shouted from the living room.

"I was going to anyway!"

"...oh. Thank you!" I chuckled at her response and made us breakfast as she played around with Hank. We both had our breakfast and got changed into some normal clothes and got ready to take Hank over to the vet. Rosie got his lease and the three of us were soon out the door on our way to walk over to the vet. We found the building and walked in, saying that we wanted the dog to get a checkup and we would want to adopt him. They told us to fill out some forms and the head vet would soon take us back.

Once Rosie and I filled everything out, the head vet soon came out and told us to come to one of the back rooms with him. We followed behind him and he did the normal checkup for dogs. The vet said that he was a mix of multiple breeds that they couldn't quite pinpoint, but I was fine with that. The skin condition he has can be healed with some medication, so he prescribed us some for Hank. He also said that Hank was around 6 months old, but we obviously don't know his birthday.