Chapter Ninety-Six

Y/N's POV

Today was an absolute blizzard here; snow has been falling constantly for the past two days and it's about a good 2 feet (≈60 cm) of snow on the ground. We've all been stuck inside for the whole time as the roads were a complete mess and an icy wasteland. It just wasn't safe to go anywhere because you could easily get hurt.

It was the first week of December and I was shocked at how much snow has been falling because this has never happened in December; it usually happens in January. But I'm not complaining because I get to have a lazy day today. I don't have to go to my intern job for the next few days because of the weather and I'm very happy about that. Even though I'm going to be missing out on getting paid, I can just do a little bit of overtime when I don't have my classes to worry about.

The time is right now is 10am and I'm already getting bored. I decided that I wanna go outside and play in the snow because I'm allowed to; I make the rules for myself. I grabbed some sweats and a hoodie and went downstairs to the closet and also got my snow pants and big winter coat. Milo grabbed my gloves and hat for me, so I gave him a little treat as a thank you. Once I got everything on, I laced up my boots and shouted upstairs to tell my mom I was going to go over Rosie's. She said okay and to be safe, and I was out the door.

I was immediately hit in the face with the freezing wind that whipped around. I sucked it up and started to walk to her house and I was actually having a fun time. I was looking around at all the white snow that covered everything and it made me happy. It was calming and I enjoyed the walk over; even if I almost slipped multiple times. That's beside the point.

I walked up to the porch and shook off some of the snow that was still on me. I then rung the doorbell and was greeted with my adorable girlfriend in my pajamas. The previous bright red hair had recently been replaced with a gorgeous rose gold color. Her eyes went wide as I smiled at her.

"Y/n, what the fuck are you doing here?" She asked me as she looked me up and down.

"Get your snow stuff on, I wanna build a snowman with you!" I said happily to her. I watched her lips curl up into a smile and she slammed the door in my face. Hopefully that means she's getting changed.

I was outside on the porch for only a few minutes before the door opened once more and Rosie was in her snow stuff. She looked really cute in it,

"You look really cute in all your snow gear."

"Thanks, you look stupid." She said with a smirk. My jaw dropped at her words and I glared at her. I started to inch closer to her and she started to back away in fear. I then ran full speed at her and locked my arms around her and threw both of us into the snow. She was shouting and laughing the whole time, making my heart skip a few beats here and there at the sounds. I took a handful of snow and shoved it into her face and quickly got up to get away from her.

"Y/N! Get back here you bitch!" She yelled as I heard her coming after me. I made a snowball and turned around to throw it at her, but was met with a snowball to my face before I could react. Her loud laughter was now filling up my ears, "Got you!"

"Haha, get over here Rosie!" I threatened back as I swiftly made my way through the snow; a lot quicker than before. She panicked and tried to run away, but she didn't lift her legs high enough in the snow. I was able to tackle her face first into the snow and I smirk to myself as I heard her muffled shouts into the snow. After a few seconds, I got off of her and I just sat down in the snow, watching her struggle.

"I think you look even better now," I told her as she wiped the snow off her face and turned towards me. It was supposed to be a sarcastic comment, but seeing her rosie cheeks and red nose, I guess the comment was actually true. I smiled softly at her and her angry expression was so replaced with an innocent smile. I had a feeling she was up to something, and I was right because she had a snowball behind her back and threw it at me. But thankfully I dodged it before it could hit me.