Chapter Eighty-Nine

Rosie's POV

Today is New Year's Eve and my first ever song is going to be released right at midnight. UMG (universal music group) is actually having a party for NYE and the release of my song. So I have all my family and friends here in the building and I couldn't be happier. All the staff that helped me work on the song are super proud of me and really excited to have it be out into the world. UMG has been promoting me a lot and on my YouTube channel, I'm almost at 1 million subscribers. The teaser for the video has over 3 million views which is absolutely insane.

I felt an arm hug my waist and pull me close,

"Hi, how are you doing love?" Y/n asked me as she took a sip of her drink.

"I've never been better. I'm super excited and nervous about everything, but this has been my dream since I was a little girl. I just can't believe that it's finally going to be happening."

"We got another hour to kill, so let's try to make it count." Y/n said as she brought me over to where the snacks were. I felt extremely hungry in the moment and grabbed a plate full of different things; y/n doing the same. We found a table to sit at and my manager Lucas sat down with us.

"It's finally going to be happening Roseanne! The Rosé will finally be out in the world, making a name for herself in the music industry. I'm so proud of you and I'm so happy to be your manager. Everyone here is super excited to see the music video and hear the song when it comes out. We are all going to watch it together here too!" Lucas explained quickly. I can tell his nerves are also high.

"Thank you, Lucas. I cant wait to have you by my side for my, hopefully, long music career. Tell your wife that I said hello too!" He waved at us goodbye and was off to mingle with other people.

"I'm glad he is your manager." Y/n spoke up from beside me. I glanced over at her,

"How so?"

"Well, he's a really cool dude. He cracked some good jokes to me before, and he wants the best for you."

"I'm glad that you like him then because I also like him." She smiled and gave me a kiss before the rest of the idiots found us and all sat down with us.

"I can't believe this is happening! You always told me you were going to be an artist back in Australia." Lisa said while grabbing Jennie and having her sit down on her lap. I smiled brightly at my best friend,

"I know! I promised you I would and I keep my promises."

"That you do."

"So how long did it take you to shoot the music video?" Jisoo asked me. I had to think for a second before answering,

"It took 3 days I think? Yeah it was three days because when I was done, y/n complained how she like couldn't see me for three days." I said looking over at my girlfriend who is now staring down at her food.

"You two are absolutely disgusting." Jennie said as she stole Lisa's cheese and cracker.

"You're just jealous Lisa doesn't complain when you leave her sight." I shot back.

"This girl does, but it's the annoying kind, not the cute kind." We all laughed at Jennie's statement and continued to talk about all of our relationships.

The clock soon struck 11:50pm and we all gathered around the TV. I stood by y/n the whole time as we waited for the clock to strike midnight. At midnight, I'd give y/n a quick and sweet kiss before going up to the front and clicking publish for the music video on my channel. Then on the TV, we would play the music video for everyone to see and that would be that. I also got a gig down at the one restaurant Lisa and y/n brought me to when I met their friends.