Chapter Eighty-Six

Rosie's POV

It's been a week since we graduated and I've never felt more free. Y/n and I have been having a blast doing things we haven't done yet. Like yesterday we went to a petting zoo and I loved every second of it. All the baby animals that were there too were absolutely adorable.

But right now, I'm currently alone in my room because y/n and her family are taking a vacation to the beach. It's a few hour drive to get there from here, but they got a hotel and are going to stay 2 nights. I'm already missing my girlfriend and they only left an hour ago. I don't know what I'm going to do without her; maybe hang out with Lisa and Jennie or something.

I looked over at my nightstand and saw y/n's camera sitting neatly there. She left it here in case I felt inspired to do a cover when she was gone. I sat up and picked it up, looking over all the buttons and settings it had on it. I knew I wasn't going to figure this shit out alone, so I grabbed my phone and called y/n to ask her how to work it. After a few rings, she picks up,

"Rosie, it's been an hour–"

"I know, I know! I just wanted to ask you how to work your camera because I wanna record a cover."

"Oh okay. Well you set it up on the tripod, which isn't hard. Then you turn it on and the settings should all be set right because I checked then before I left. And finally you just click the button on top of the camera and start recording." Y/n explained.

"Got it. So I shouldn't fuck it up somehow then?"

"Nope, you should be all good love."

"Great, that's all I needed to ask you. Have fun on the rest of the drive and call me when you get to your hotel!"

"I promise I will. Love you Rosie, talk to ya later."

"Love you too." And then I hung up the call and got to work on setting up the tripod. I did it pretty fast and I was proud of myself. I then had to see what a good angle was, which was a lot harder than I though. But I got there eventually and I grabbed my guitar and placed it on my bed. I read over the lyrics once more and hit record.

"Hey guys! Today I'll be covering Selena Gomez's 'Lose You to Love Me'. Hope you all enjoy it!" I strummed the first cord and started singing. The lyrics always made me emotional because I couldn't imagine going through something like that. So I knew I had to do the song justice and put my all into it.

After I finished it, I turned off the camera and popped out the sd card and downloaded the footage. I opened up my editing software and got to it. It took about an hour to make everything perfect and I was ready to upload it to YouTube. I now have over half a million subscribers which is insane. I clicked upload and it took a few minutes before it was posted.

I smiled as I already saw the views increase. I decided to take my mind off of it and go down to our local café and get some brunch. I sometimes actually performed here because they wanted some live music sometimes. They paid me and I also got to keep the tips I made. When I walked in, I saw the owner talking to three people who were dressed up. I watched as he pointed over to me and the three people turned to face me.

What the fuck, am I about to go to jail?!

I started to internally panic because they were walking over to me. But then they all gave me smiles and introduced themselves,

"Hello Roseanne, my name is John and these are my two assistants Rachel and Jackie. I'm a head executive at Universal Music Group and we've seen your covers on YouTube and have actually seen you perform here multiple times," he handed me a card, "Here's a card with my name and number on it. We would love to sign a talent like you. Your voice is unlike anything we've heard and with your personality and looks, we think you can be a star. You don't have to make a decision yet, but please think about it."