Ch. 41: Signs of Pregnancy

Ch41: Signs of Pregnancy

*Vie's POV*

I was laughing with Jacob. Lately he had been a lot more understanding than usual. More often than not, he'd willingly want to accompany me to visit my family. Maybe that had to do because Edward wasn't there at the moment. He and Bella were still on their honeymoon at Isle Esme. Of course, I didn't push Jacob to do much. I'd noticed though that he got along a bit more with Alice and Emmett. Okay, I could understand getting along with Alice, she's wonderful. However, given that Emmett is so protective, I would have thought he'd be as skeptical about a friendship with Jacob as Edward was. He was actually really laid back with him, although of course they didn't mess around much because Jacob had a habit of most of the time staying outside, clear of the house.

Then there was Rosalie. Well, Jacob and her talked. Well, not even that, they more or less insulted each other any chance they got. Surprisingly, Emmett didn't get offended with Jacob's jokes and he'd instead laugh. Then there was Jasper who at the very least tolerated Jacob. Apparently, he feels how much he loves me and that's earned his respect. I knew he was just making sure, taking over for Edward while he was gone. The role of big brother must be hell; I'd hate to be on the receiving end of that silent treatment.

Then there are my parents, or adoptive vampire parents. Esme and Carlisle love Jacob. They see how much he means to me, and I to him. They understand that we won't be letting anything get between the two of us. Of course, Jacob has grown fond of my mother's cooking and he still feels that he's somewhat in debt to my father for the time he got hurt. Then again, my father constantly tells him it was the least he could do since he did help us in our time of need with Bella. Then Jacob will start though. He'll start going on about how Bella was his friend too and so, his responsibility. Point being, there's no end to those two and their endless "thanking".

Currently though, I'm in bed with Jacob, but he's "fast asleep", or so he's trying to pull off. However, that grin and couple of chuckles blew his cover. I've been trying to get up and make breakfast, had Jacob's hand not been trapping my waist, not that I mind of course. I lay my head on his chest, giving up, absentmindedly tracing patterns on his bare chest. I felt his chest vibrate a bit and knew he was awake when I felt him move his fingertips from my hip to my waist and across my stomach. I started laughing a bit too.

"Okay, Jacob, stop, please!" I said fighting the urge to laugh loudly and settle for light giggles. "Jake! Your sister's in the room next door!" I chastised him. He stopped and finally opened his eyes; I could see him smiling the whole time. He pulled me completely against his body and began to nuzzle my hair, most likely inhaling my scent.

"Mmm...go back to bed. You're supposed to be tired." He growled playfully and I fought back the blush, clearing my throat.

"Come on. I have to get going. Someone has to make breakfast." I said, already trying to get up.

"Let Rachelle do it," he pouted. I just pecked his lips and got up. I figured that it was best, I already had a hard time with Rachelle making jokes. I didn't need to give her another reason to make fun of me. "Take a shower and then we'll go out later." He pouted, but after somewhat thinking it through he got up. I went to work on breakfast right afterwards.

"Mmmm! What's cookin good lookin." I laughed at Rachelle's comment.

"Homemade Belgium Waffles." Her eyes lit up like a Christmas tree before she latches onto me.

"Oh my god! You.Are.The.Best! If Jacob doesn't marry you, I certainly will!" she joked around, winking playfully. I laughed with her and I heard a deep laughter before I watched as Paul lifted Rachelle over his shoulder.