15. Not a Date

Ch. 15: Not A Date! *start*

I was done taking a shower after a few minutes and wrapped a towel around myself. I was very excited. I really liked Jacob, so I hope I don't blow this. Maybe I can get him to like me. That is, if the natural order of things doesn't take place. I mean, come on. You don't see a cat going out with a dog. Come to think of it, you don't see animals going "out, out" now do you? 'Oh great. I think I'm losing my mind.' I thought. I sighed shaking all thoughts out of my head. I wrapped a towel around myself and this time made absolutely sure no one was outside the door or blocking my path. I checked and double checked. Ok all clear.

I walked over to the room I was sleeping in. Despite Jacob and Billy's attempts, I still didn't feel right calling it my room. Not yet, at least. I entered and did the essentials. I wrapped the towel around my hair and headed to the bags I brought in before I went to shower.

I began to organize the clothing in an empty drawer and placed the shoes under the bed. I honestly did NOT want to enter the closet without getting rid of the dust soon. Maybe I could surprise the Blacks by cleaning the house spotless. I would do that, actually. After I was done, I began to look for something decent to wear. I looked outside.

'No rain...'" I thought. There was no rain, but the clouds still heavily covered. The sun shrouding the land in an artificial night almost. I decided on warmer wear. I went back and sat at the edge of the bed as I picked out something to wear. I wanted to make a good impression. I really liked Jacob, like I said. 'Hmm...what would Alice choose for me......' I was contemplating all my choices and pulled out some white jeans and a pale blue pair. I figured the white ones where a little too formal so I went with the light blue ones. I slipped them on.

Next, a shirt. After examining two shirts over my body, I decided on a plain yellow tank top with the combination of a warm powder blue sweater with yellow stars on the hoodie, sleeves and hem. I placed yellow earrings on that were shaped like little stars dangling from a silver crescent moon. I grabbed some yellow flats and looked into the vanity room Rebecca had in there. I smiled at my appearance.

I went back into the bathroom and began to work on my hair and make-up. I was never one for make up so I just applied a little bit of lip gloss, eye liner, mascara, and yellow eye shadow to match. I put on a decent amount. At least I wasn't one to put on pounds 20 pounds of makeup caked onto my face. I decided to leave my hair down so that it looked normal. I also didn't want to look like I tried too hard. In the end I went with my hair down and had removed the make up so that only the lip gloss and liner remained. My eye lashes were already long so I just curled them. I thought I looked okay and went downstairs.

I smiled as I saw Jacob stare at me. His eyes lit up slightly, but he tried to hide it by coughing. He mumbled something incoherent and turned to me. "You look nice; ready to go?" I nodded looking around.

"Where's Billy?" I asked.

"At Charlie's, a friend of ours. Um, they like to watch the game at his... Flat screen and what not...." I nodded. I just hopped Billy didn't decide to bring a friend over, a friend who would recognize me. "So come on let's go."

That entire day, Jacob presented me to multiple people. Some I had met at Emily's house. I re-met Paul, Seth, Jared, Quil and Embry, who were apparently Jacob's best friends, as well as Sam and Emily. Later he took me to the home of a lady with the guys, minus the engaged couple. We walked considering it wasn't raining, yet. Jacob went on ranting about how many people he wanted me to meet and how I'd get along with them all because for some reason no one could resist me. I began to feel uncomfortable as he continued.

"Jake, shut up, will you. Ignore him, Violet. He's just excited you're here..." said Quil trailing off as Jacob pushed him. They began to mess around. I giggled.