Chapter 65 - Together

A/n - I did say the wait would not be long! It was supposed to drop yesterday, but long day and a root canal at the dentist had me knocking out right away! Anyways Enjoy! Less than 5 chappies left!

Chapter 65 - Together

*Jacob's POV

I felt like we'd taken a random vacation amongst all this craziness. We enjoyed two days of near normalcy. I'd made bracelets for the kids, Nessie and Claire included. We spent Christmas Eve with my pack and spent the majority of Christmas Day with Violet's brother and his family at Charlie's. Bella had smoothly gifted Sue and Charlie some tickets to go fishing. Far away from here. The humans of our pack had spent the day preparing to leave. Some would meet up with Emily, others would move down south temporarily.

After Charlie's we went home, where my family was waiting on us. Violet right away was depressed. We had to let them take the twins. The two youngest in our pack would be going with my Dad and Rachelle down south in the car, just in case the twins got too rowdy on the way. We managed to convince them to go along with the claim that they were security detail, and not glorified babysitters.

I had to basically pry the kids from her arms when it was time for them to go. I kept reminding her that it would be temporary. We would go back to them. We would have them back in our arms soon. I had to believe that. I had to make her believe that. Rachelle and my dad were just as teary eyed as they took the crying babies from their mom. It took everything in me not to cry alongside her, although a few tears did manage to slip past my eyes. We had watched them drive away, Violet in my arms as she sobbed harder, the farther they got.

I shook my head at the memory, instead trying to look for my imprint as I set some lumbar down. We were out in a clearing. Even with my higher temperature, I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel the cold. I'd wanted to make sure Violet was okay before I even attempted to find something to light a fire with. These vamps didn't think of that, not feeling the cold and all. I saw a bright light to my right. That elemental vamp was sporting a fire at the tips of his fingers. He grinned at me as I rubbed my gloved hands together. He shot his hand out towards the wood I'd laid out in a makeshift fire pit.

"That's what I'm talking about." I smirked at him. Violet had been right. The guy, despite being a vamp, was good people. I'd noticed he'd taken to trying to feed with Violet's vegetarian family. That also helped sway my opinion of him, truthfully. "A little pre-battle bonfire." I grinned as I sat down next to him, eyes still skimming the group for Vie. "Telling war stories." I'd spotted her, smiling when I saw she was entertaining Nessie. "Or just standing there like freaking statues." I eyed the Amazonian vampires.

"Name any American Battle. I was there." We eyed the red eyed vampire, Garrett.

"Little Bighorn." I named off the top of my head.

"I came this close to biting Custer," he indicated with his fingers. "But the Indians got him first." I nodded. Not sure if it was impressive or not, given the thought of another vamp on the loose.

"Try Oleg's assault on Constantinople." The zappy Blonde appeared on his lap suddenly. Those two had been getting awfully chummy together. Violet was happy about it. Saying she was eager to see her two friends together, having someone at last. She thought they complimented each other well. "He didn't win that one on his own." I had to give it to Violet. She certainly humbled him, at least.

"You want impressive, you're talking about the Eleven Year's War." The two red-headed couple appeared next. "No one does Rebellion like the Irish." He boasted. I laughed. I suddenly felt a breeze, my imprint having rushed to my side. I'd been leaning forward, trying to keep warm near the fire, but sat back. She got the hint and sat on my lap. She leaned her head back against me and I wrapped my arms around her, her legs moved over my lap and she wrapped her own arms around me neck, somewhat keeping my ears warm.