Ch 66 Rising Tension

A/N I'll try to have another chappie up before next Friday :) 

There are now less than 5 chapters left, if you could believe that T_T

Chapter 66 – Rising Tension

*Violet's POV*

I saw them all stare us down, sizing us up. They were worried now with the added number to our ranks now with the wolves by our side. I tried to listen in to the thoughts of those around me, the voices muddling together before I tried to differentiate them. The emotions of everyone present, almost drowning me. So much fear, worry, anxiety, doubt, and more than anything fear hesitation. It was the anger, the savage joy, the excitement at the prospect of a fight that put me on edge. I felt the tickle of electricity dancing across each of my fingertips. I heard the wind howling by my ears cease completely, like the wind hand stilled entirely by my side. I don't know why, but in this instant, I felt all the abilities I'd learned, try to bubble out of me.

I saw Carlisle take a hesitant step forward, looking back at Esme who gripped his hand, before he smiled over to me and my brothers and sister. I felt the anxiety and fear triple and I began to wonder if it was the cumulative fear around me, or my own that I was feeling. I felt my brother's thoughts brush against my own, urging me to get a hold of myself. I took a deep breath, holding it as I felt a rush of cold engulf me. I knew my eyes were now a deep golden color. It was meant to be brief and I was ready to release so I could pay attention to my father speak, but I felt a growing pressure behind my eyes. Not wanting to shut them and look like I was week, I stayed in this form, hoping it would bring the vision forth faster.

" Let us discuss things as we used to. In a civilized way." Carlisle spoke as he stopped with enough distance between himself and Aro's party.

"Fair words, Carlisle." Aro responded back, his tone mocking. "But a little out of place, given the battalion you've assembled against us." I was glad I was still holding my breath, otherwise, I was afraid a scoff would have slipped past my lips.

"I can promise you, that was never my intent." I felt Bella's power begin to extend, she was just testing it out, but I caught onto it. "No law has been broken."

"We see the child." Caius spoke, his snooty tone and upturned nose aggravating me. "Do not treat us as fools." He spat out, Jacob growled in return, beating me to the punch.

"She is NOT an immortal!" Carlisle raised his voice, not to ensure everyone heard, but to make his point clear. Carlisle's head turned to look at everyone present before he lowered his tone and nudged his head towards our group. "These witnesses can attest to that." I saw it now, a fraction of a vision. Carlisle would encourage him to look and I tensed. This was it. I was fearful of what he would see. We had no fear for Nessie in that regards, we were not lying. But my children had to be kept a secret at all costs. "Or you can look?" I saw Aro smile at the prospect. I did my best to focus, shutting off all abilities except Bellas and my brothers.

"Hmmm." Aro grinned in contemplation, eyeing my brother, his family and myself.

"See the flesh of human blood in her cheeks."

"Artifist." Caius shouted in indignation from behind. Aro quieted him.

"I will collect every facet of the truth." He spoke, but he grinned to me. Did this sadacious fuck have a hunch all along? "But from someone more central to the story." I gnashed my teeth together, trying to remain calm and not show my worry on my face. I thought for sure he would call my name, but was shocked when the name came to the forefront of his mind, seconds before he spoke it. "Edward." He still grinned at me for a second longer before turning to my brother. "As the child clings to your newborn mate, I assumed you are involved." He extended his arm out towards our little group, right behind Carlisle, as Aro took steps towards us.