Chapter 51 - Baby Blue Blues

A/N : Hey all you amazing readers! I hope you all enjoy the story so far! I do feel like there just isn't enough interest in this book anymore as it was originally (understandable since I did fall off when Twilight was still popular), so I am going to try to get through what remains faster. It will most likely not be proofread from here on out. I will also be keep the chapters shorter and get to the point faster (someone sent me a message about how they thought my chapters were unnecessarily detailed and so far I'm not seeing any comments to tell me otherwise and compare.) Hoping what remains of Uncompatible Love does not disappoint and thank you for your patience with me and this book. Without further delay, enjoy the chapter and as always, please comment and vote? Please! :)

Chapter 51 – Baby Blue Blues

I know they were all shouting, each one with a bag in hand, but I couldn't register words. There was a constant ringing in my ears. My hand staid over my belly. Thump. My eyes grew wide. I thought I was bloated, sure, but not pregnant! I didn't understand.... I had to have been a couple months at least, but I didn't look it. I couldn't have been more than that, yet for me to be feeling this kicking sensation? It had to be something else, anything else. Could a half shifter, half vampire human, thing, baby survive? Jacob's people shifted with the nearing of my kind. How could we possibly make a child together when our kin were so different?

"Violet, stop!" I felt someone hit me in the face hard with a pillow. I just blinked, still too lost to make out what they were yelling at me.

"Was that necessary?" I deadpanned.

"You are causing electrical surges!" I looked to Andres, who had his arms over his mate knowing how dangerous his ability could be. Emmette had been the one to hit me with a pillow, he had another in hand, everyone was now looking at him.

"What? I didn't want to get shocked and no one else had a better idea." he said like it was obvious. I didn't blame him; quite frankly, if these were different circumstances, I would have laughed.

"I-I'm sorry. My minds all over the place." No one said anything after I spoke.

"Sweetheart, Carlisle is setting up the ultrasound machine, we're hoping we can get an image, but if it's like Bella, we won't be able to see anything. The other's....took the initiative to find you some standard pregnancy tests.... Carlisle says he thinks that would work. If you want to take a test -" she didn't get the chance to finish before many bags were shoved in her direction. "Thank you," she smiled, grabbing the bag nearest to her and handing it to me.

"I-I want to wait for -"

"Jacob?! Where is he?! Jacob?!" I only saw the after image of my brother zipping around the house before he stopped before me. It was clear he looked equal parts angry as he did worried. "He did this to you, then? This is his doing."

"We still don't know for sure, Edward."

"No, but it all makes sense, doesn't it?! She's been ill.... her symptoms nearly identical to Bella, and we overlooked that!"

"Edward, you need to relax. Where are Bella and Renesemee?"

"They're fine. They're at the cottage." His eyes didn't leave me. I didn't bother to read his mind.

"He's here." I heard Emmette's gruff voice, halting mine and my brother's stare down.

"Edward, don't you dare." I glared at him. He was tense, and I knew he was ready to pounce. "I swear I will protect him and damn what happens to me, but that'll be on you." I spoke to him in my mind. His eyes glaring into mine, as mine mirrored his. I got up and began to walk towards the door. Jacob smiled happily at me as I opened the door, he had clearly been in a good mood and I was glad, before he noticed the tense air in the house.