18: Lee Jeno, Forever Unloved

Mark was sitting, just embracing the chaos that ensued around him. Johnny and Jaemin were making animal noises at each other, Jeno was weaving and ducking his way around the classroom as Renjun screamed at him while running after him, and Jisung and Chenle, who had the courtesy of hanging around them today, were sat in a small corner as Chenle played tetris on his phone, Jisung tightly wrapped around him as they both watched the screen intently.

He flicked through the book he had in his hands again, all the pages brushing past his finger over and over, words from different pages melding together to create amalgamations. He stopped at a random page, muttering the messily scrawled lyrics he had written.

We're here, goodbye, get home safe, oh yeah yeah

I'm gonna watch you go inside so hurry and go in

After your pretty back disappears

I turn around and I start to miss you already

Mark frowned, folding the page in on itself a couple of times, scrunching the edges for a moment. Unsure of what he felt, he brushed the page down, flattening it, and snapped the book shut. Maybe it might sound nicer with some actual verses and music.

Just as Mark decided to put his book away, Jeno slammed into him.

"Hyung, he's going to kill me!" he said frantically, hiding behind Mark's chair. The older of the two looked up to see Renjun storming up to them with fire in his eyes.

Mark turned back to his quivering brother, "if Renjun wants to kill you, he probably has a valid reason."

"I don't even remember the reason!"

Renjun slammed his hands down on Mark's table, eliciting a yelp from the youngest as he shivered and shrank himself further down. "I don't remember either but that won't fucking stop me cause I know I'm mad."

Mark chuckled, shifting slightly to expose his brother, "he's all yours."

Jaemin whipped around briefly. "Don't mess up his pretty face, please," he quipped before meowing at Johnny who merely meowed back.

"Does no-one love me?" Jeno wailed before darting away from the wrath of the smaller boy. At that moment Sungchan had opened the door, and Jeno crashed into him.

Sungchan managed to catch him in an awkward position, as if they were in some romance movie. Sungchan had dipped Jeno down, holding his back, while Jeno had looped his hands around his neck, both staring at each other.

"...Sungchan, do you love me?"

"Of course, darling," Sungchan winked at him. Jeno pretended to swoon over the younger boy, placing his hand on his forehead as if he were faint.

The commotion had gained everyone's attention, the boys all laughing and giggling about the scene. Through his laughter, Jaemin trotted to the front of the classroom, taking Jeno's hand and helping him rise to his feet. Jeno tripped as he stood, stepping slightly closer to Jaemin, their faces now a few centimetres apart.

"Hey," Jeno smirked, raising an eyebrow, "you free tonight?"

Jaemin smacked the side of his head, laughing a bit before beginning to walk away. Jeno clasped at the boy's wrist, "wait no seriously, are you, I want to come over and annoy you."

"No you can't, now let go," Jaemin brushed off walking back to Johnny, Jeno still latched on to his wrist and now being dragged to him as well while he whined.

Mark rubbed the bridge of his nose, shaking his head at his sibling's antics.

Jeno groaned loudly before walking back to Mark, dropping himself on to the chair beside him.