20: Jisung is conspiring against Haechan

Haechan attempted to peer over to Jisung and Chenle as the two crowded around the youngest's phone, quietly talking and giggling with one another.

"Whatcha doin?" Haechan said nonchalantly. As he tried to look over Yangyang jumped on his back.

Jisung moved his phone closer to his chest, "not telling, this is confidential."

"Confidential enough that I can't know but Chenle can," Haechan huffed, crossing his arms as Jisung nodded, sticking his tongue out at him.

"Of course Chenle can know," Jisung smiled, turning his head toward Chenle. "Chenle's allowed to know anything."

"Oh?" Yangyang cocked his head to him, a teasing grin on his lips, "is he now?"

Jisung laughed, shaking his head as he clearly did not understand. He slung his arm around Chenle's shoulders, "yeah."

Sungchan face palmed, dragging his hand down his face. "Maybe he should be Mark's brother," he muttered under his breath causing Haechan to snort. He may not be able to talk to Mark in real life, but he hundred percent knew how clueless Mark could be. It was essentially part of his branding.

Haechan hiked Yangyang up as he began to fall before pestering their maknae once again. "But pleaseeee, Sungiee, come on."

"No!" Jisung whined, moving behind Chenle and burying his face into his shoulder, "you can't know anything." Chenle giggled, ruffling Jisung's hair as the younger wrapped his arm's around Chenle's waist.

Sungchan moved to the other side of the group, hip bumping Jisung, "and why is that?"

Jisung groaned before mumbling something quietly to him. Sungchan's eyes grew, his jaw dropping in shock. "Ohhhh, yeah never mind, Hyuck, you aint knowing shit," he laughed evilly.

Haechan whined, "whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy."

"Channie, I'm slipping," Yangyang choked, his adam's apple hitting Haechan's head.

"Fuck sorry," Haechan let him completely slip from his grip, Yangyang falling to the floor.

Yangyang looked up at him, his lips pressed together, "why do you hate me?"

Haechan giggled, offering a hand, "I don't hate you man," he said as he pulled the boy up, "you're just heavy."

"Maybe you're just weak," Chenle mumbled snarkily, thinking he was quiet enough. Unfortunately for him he wasn't as Haechan flicked his arm. "How fucking dare you."

"Jisungie!" Renjun ran up to them, waving a bunch of papers, "I have some stuffs."

Jisung turned, gesturing to him to give the papers. Renjun gave them to him with a smile. "I dunno if it will work, maybe get Jeno to help."

Jisung's arms moved back around Chenle's waist as the four of them, including Sungchan, flicked through the pages, discussing various things that Yangyang nor Haechan understood. Somewhere amongst the thermal insulation and the invention of SPF 1000, both Haechan and Yangyang lost interest, moving further along than the rest.

"So, how is your pathetic love life going nowadays?" Yangyang asked, linking his arm with Haechan's.

Haechan hit his chest, "it's not pathetic, you bitch."

"Hm, right," Yangyang nodded, "because it's totally not like you can't be in the same room as him. And not because distance no no, because he's fucking allergic to you."

"Could I not have been nicknamed...like...Lunar...or something I dunno," Haechan huffed. Seriously though, out of all the issues he could have as a teenager, being nicknamed 'Full Sun' had never seemed to come across as a problem.

Yangyang laughed, squeezing his arm, "you and your strange problems."

"What about you and your lo- oh wait I forgot you got nothing," Haechan stuck his tongue out at him.

"Hey, I am perfectly content being confused, asshole," Yangyang flicked his arm with a frown.

"Confused?"

Yangyang hummed, "don't worry, I'll explain when I get there."

Haechan nodded, looking down and focusing on his feet. Heel, toe, heel, toe, over and over, muscles and bones moving, almost semi circularly, each part slowly contacting the floor. How revolting.

"The fuck are you doing," Yangyang looked down at Haechan stepping carefully.

Haechan glanced up at the sky with a pout, "feet are gross."

"You know some people have feet fetishes," Yangyang said offhandedly.

Haechan stopped walking, frowning in disgust. He turned his head slowly to the younger boy.

Yangyang blinked at him, "...it has to do with the brain."

"Yeah no shit."

Haechan rolled back on his feet, "I miss hyung."

Yangyang giggled, "you can just text him now right."

"That's...that's not what I want though."

Haechan looked to Yangyang as the younger stared back while he thought.

Yangyang swallowed before saying something very ridiculous in Haechan's mind.

"...He can't be hurt from a distance, you know."

Haechan blinked, furrowing his eyebrows, "what."

"The roofs," Yangyang spoke slowly, encouraging them to start walking again, "if you sit close to your windows...is that not far enough."

"Yangyang-"

"Think about it, if you don't smile, if you just stay there, you won't hurt him that much," Yangyang stared ahead of them. "A small amount of time won't hurt him that much."

Haechan bit his lip. That...could work if he was smart and didn't get carried away with it. If he could keep himself controlled and not just immediately launch himself at the elder, he could just speak to him, just on their roofs, as if things were fine, as if they were the soulmates he wanted them to be, the perfect cliché.

"And what if he does get hurt?"

Yangyang smiled widely, "you have the teacher's emails and classroom messages, they usually stay there anyway to help the kids after school," Yangyang looked back at him, "It could just work."

Haechan broke into a grin, squeezing Yangyang's arm at his brilliant suggestion, "yeah, yeah it could."