22: Jisung is NOT a wanted criminal...probably

"Hyung," Jisung clapped Mark's back, a sheepish smile on his lips, "can I, uh, speak with you."

Mark nodded, pulling himself off his chair and quietly shuffled behind the youngest to a corner with his hands in his pockets. He wasn't going to lie, Jisung seemed incredibly suspicious and it honestly felt like he was being led to his death, but he wasn't going to resist. Because Jisung was a trustworthy friend of his, and if he were to be killed by him, Jisung wouldn't make him suffer that much so he could count on that. Plus Jisung wasn't the kind of person who would want blood on his hands since he was terrified of Jaemin. The only one Mark would be scared of is Jaemin cause that man had no mercy when he genuinely got mad.

Not that...Jisung was going to kill him.

That's not how he planned to die.

But it was a thought.

Jisung stopped walking, turning around to face Mark with a guilty expression. Mark's eyes widened.

"Oh my god, he actually committed murder."

"Hyung, I have made a mistake and I feel the need to apologise," Jisung spoke slowly, clasping his hands in front of him.

"Oh my god, he killed Taeyong."

"Yeah, what's wrong?" Mark tapped at his arm with his fingers, nervous habit that stemmed from his itching.

Jisung chuckled awkwardly, "So turns out I don't like Haechan, I kinda just misinterpreted something."

Mark breathed a sigh of relief, punching his arm. "Oh dude, oh my god I thought you killed someone I know."

Jisung narrowed his eyes at Mark in disbelief. He slowly shook his head, "why the fuck would I kill someone?"

"I dunno," Mark shrugged, "I just thought like, you got mad or something."

Jisung began to laugh, "Bro, I'm not gonna kill someone what the fuck," he pat Mark's shoulder, "besides even if I did, I'd tell Renjun, he probably knows how to hide a body."

"Touché."

The two chuckled, Mark quietly congratulating Jisung for figuring out his mess.

Jaemin abruptly opened the door, throwing his hands in the air. Mark screeched upon seeing the sunlight, falling to the floor and crawling under a table. Seriously, these people have known him for how long, they should get this by now.

Jaemin apologised as Mark sneezed upon seeing the light. The elder threw a thumbs up as Mr Qian scolded Jaemin for his behaviour. Jaemin bowed politely to the teacher, mumbling another apology before slamming his papers down.

"Guess who just failed the fuck out of his math test!?" he screamed before falling to the floor in fake sobs. "Taeil's gonna kill me."

"Then he'll be the murderer, not me," Jisung muttered quietly to Mark as he sat beside him under the table.

Mark snapped his fingers at him, "you're still on thin fucking ice, my man." Jisung simply tutted in response.

Jaemin heaved, looking up to the roof, "...eh at least my parents don't give a fuck."

Jeno snorted, "Imagine not having to try in math cause your brother isn't the vice principal of your school." Mark giggled. A serious problem honestly, especially being the oldest of the two he got all the pressure. How wonderful.

Jaemin blinked up at Jeno for a few moments of silence, "Imagine having accepting parents."

"Imagine having parents," Mark quipped.

Jaemin's eyes widened, covering his face as he muttered, "fuck, man," under his breath. Meanwhile Jeno took the time to hurtle a book at Mark's face, narrowly missing.

"That's valid," Mark said as he dodged it, clasping to Jisung in fear.

Mr Qian stood in disbelief with the rest of the boys in the classroom, all in various states of shock. "...how wonderful it is that you can make jokes out of trauma."

Mark turned his head to the teacher, "it's either that or I mourn for the rest of my life and be extra miserable, what do you want?

Jeno bit his lip, furrowing his eyebrows, "I feel like there are better strategies, Mark."

Mark shrugged, "eh, it's been like...eight years anyway, tis fine."

Mr Qian placed his hands on his hips, bending down to look at Mark under the table. They stared at one another for a bit before the teacher clicked his tongue. "Whatever works for you I guess."

"I mean...most of us have some sort of built in trauma," Renjun spoke up quietly, flicking his wrists slightly.

Jisung turned to Mark with a pout, "but I'm okay?"

"You're a gay child in a conservative country, no the fuck you are not," Mark rolled his head toward the youngest who sunk into Mark's shoulder in sadness.

"You really are a ray of sun, Mark," Chenle laughed, rolling his shoulders back and resting his head on Renjun's shoulder.

Jeno burst into laughter, "one would hope not, he'd be allergic to himself."

Jaemin giggled with the rest of them as Jeno slid onto the floor next to him. "Oh yeah, speaking of which, how's Haechan?" he asked as he was pulled into Jeno's arms.

Mark groaned, falling on to Jisung, "really?"

"What happened to laughing through the pain?" Renjun poked his tongue out at him. Mark grabbed the book beside him that Jeno threw at him and hurled it toward Renjun, missing by a mile.

"Y'all are mean as fuck."

"Yeah we know, it's why you love us, you masochist."